JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We are obviously all pretty much like minded in here when it comes to the gun politics, & frankly I feel we waste our efforts in here preaching to the choir, I also believe throwing money to fight hoplophobes that want to push laws on us is equally ineffective...but we too can buy votes & have fun beating the antis at the same time

In the recent past when the national vote for assault weapons ban AGAIN came up
people were discussing it and one guy, single 28 years old, that was a Portlandia progressive liberal type said he had no interest in guns and saw no need for them and was kind of scared of guns.

I pointed out he was less in control of his life in a car on the road than he was holding a loaded gun, I asked if he was clumsy and did he think he would shoot himself, naturally this was almost an insult to him and he replied ....no

I then asked would he like to shoot a gun right now? I have an AR 22 rifle you may find fun to shoot.....hesitantly he said Ok
I brought out the 22lr a handfull of mags and let him plink, after the first quick mag dump playing Rambo he began to try to bullseye.... & hes now interested;). I then asked if he wanted to try a shotgun, after a short moment of terror in his eyes when he saw my saiga 12 he was starting to get excited to try it.

to shorten the story, we bought him an SKS we customized and a 1911 in 9mm, then hes asking if he can invited one of his friends to come out to my range and let his buddies shoot his new customized guns hes proud of, once a month he brings out someone else to play......each time the fun begins I start talking about current events, riots, terrorists etc etc and look at you now you can take car of yourself from 100yds away....& then you see the grin when they feel that confidence welling up
this week he tells me there are a group of his buddies that came here shooting that are taking my advice to get their concealed carry NOW before they cant and are going together as a group!

I have begun to invite anyone male or female 25-35 to go shooting and am seeing the same excitement & interest IN THIS AGE GROUP, after we chase the fear & unknown away

all this cost me was a few boxes of ammo and some fun time shooting

invite someone target shooting...start small then work up to the more exciting guns...

I believe what I paid in ammo has done far far more good for the cause than any money I have donated to fight the antis

A great way to enlighten some folks. And probably mor effective than $ to the gun supporting groups. I feel we really got let down here in WA on 594. And outspent by what 10 or 20 to one. The NRA, etc. had many months as the I594 gang gathered enough signatures bu was their one major TV ad that would appeal to many people and cut across social and economic, and cultural divides win a high profile person say this is why 594 is bad? For instance maybe a Seahawk is at the range with a couple of buddies and they take tuns shooting each other's weapons and in jumps the local Leo sayin Whoooooaaaaaaa Nellie, gents, you need a background, check etc.? Or a nice graphic showing showing how many armed citizens protected themselves and loved ones across the US like the do in the Armed Citizen page.s of A Rifelman.
I'm still a member but I think WASR is right we need to help educate the inexperienced average Joe or Judy, particularly those who weren't handed a rifle at age 10 because they proved they could pass the Hunting Safety course and could be trusted with a gun. I was probably 4 when I watched m father clean his 30-40 Krag prepping for a deer hut with his dad and uncles. He said son, Do Not ever point a gun, loaded or unloaded at any thing or anyone you don't intend to shoot.

Heck I recall we shot BB guns in the grade school gym for some marksmanship and safety training as Woodmen Rangers. Kinda a rural scouting group backed b Mutual of Omaha, or Enumclaw....
Education is powerful.

Brutus Out

I've invited a few newbies from my last job to shoot but have been stood up more than once. Problem is semi early on a weekend doesn't work for most of them young guys.
I have however succeeded in getting some rusty older shooters back into it by taking them to my spot and bringing targets and a selection of guns to shoot.

Out of work at the moment by choice and looking for a new PT gig so I'm conserving gas and ammo until I get a paycheck again!

Anyone knows of a Eugene/Springfield job opening between 6am and 2pm let me know!

Last Edited:
Out of work at the moment by choice and looking for a new PT gig so I'm conserving gas and ammo until I get a paycheck again!

Anyone knows of a job opening between 6am and 2pm let me know!

You already know enough of their tactics.You could go to work for the anti's, Let them pay for gas and some ammo.:D:D

I'm not saying you need to follow their propaganda when in the field.

You already know enough of their tactics.You could go to work for the anti's, Let them pay for gas and some ammo.:D:D

I'm not saying you need to follow their propaganda when in the field.
I've thought of that too! I was already working for antis anyway. Hard to avoid them in this area.

I have a indoor range

its your property, then you have a designated range:D, they did not state in the law where or who designates a gun range, so if you designed a place specific for shooting, safe, targets and its lawful the way the law is currently written, they will need lawyers to stop you, well.... they will need lawyers to stop me

I have a indoor range

its your property, then you have a designated range:D, they did not state in the law where or who designates a gun range, so if you designed a place specific for shooting, safe, targets and its lawful the way the law is currently written, they will need lawyers to stop you, well.... they will need lawyers to stop me
Watch out for the next lament of the anti-gun Progs. The designated range loophole!:mad:
They will want only "approved" designated ranges soon.

Watch out for the next lament of the anti-gun Progs. The designated range loophole!:mad:
They will want only "approved" designated ranges soon.
then they will have a problem.... again bring the lawyers, telling me I cant shoot on my own property and duck hunters are shooting 300yds from my house...yeah thats not going to fly

then they will have a problem.... again bring the lawyers, telling me I cant shoot on my own property and duck hunters are shooting 300yds from my house...yeah thats not going to fly
You'll probably get approved if your property is adequate, but at what cost? I can see a Fee to get inspected, a special permit etc.,etc.

Then when you go to sell, inspections for lead toxicity and fines and liens on your property if not properly cleaned up.

Shooters are getting squeezed from all angles in this State. These restrictions and more are being discussed behind closed doors I'll bet.

You'll probably get approved if your property is adequate, but at what cost? I can see a Fee to get inspected, a special permit etc.,etc.

Then when you go to sell, inspections for lead toxicity and fines and liens on your property if not properly cleaned up.

Shooters are getting squeezed from all angles in this State. These restrictions and more are being discussed behind closed doors I'll bet.

ill shoot steel:rolleyes:
If I cant shoot on my property and hunters are shooting 300yds from my property (which I doubt is going to happen) but should Oregonians become that insane you can have the place
Ill take my money elsewhere, who wants to live with state full of mentally challenged individuals

but lets not derail the topic here on fortune telling...the message here is TAKE SOME ONE SHOOTING....fun spreads exponentially

Great story. I suspect a darn good many who are either anti or simply ambivalent about guns would find them fun. My wife fell into the ambivalent category. She does however deeply value our constitutional rights. After the SH shooting, something started clicking that made her want to go with me to the range. I signed her up for a gun intro/safety class, taught by a well known female instructor we met at the local gun show, and now she enjoys target shooting.

update: the same original Portlandia guy just called to ask if he could bring out a new girlfriend shooting, she's a progressive liberal Portlandia school teacher & is scared of guns, never touched one

If I can get this woman turned Ill tell here to invite the whole damned school faculty

invite someone to go shooting with you

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads