JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently watched the movie Battle in Seattle with Woody Harrelson and I was mortified at how quickly our rights can be taken away as seen during the WTO protests in Seattle.

Watching that movie let me to google the WTO stories and I found this documentary. After watching it for all of 30 minutes, it is all to obvious to me that when the SHTF, our government has a plan to suspend our constitutional rights, and that will leave us fighting our troops for our freedoms.

I challenge you to watch this and tell me how will we defend our freedoms against a government machine that is unstoppable?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhFvSRWYusc

The end is all too scary and tells of a truth that is all too untold.

I haven't seen the video you linked (I'll check it out tomorrow---yawn), but my guess is that this is the 1999 WTO protests? Slip a few agent provocateurs in the crowd, have them stir things up, keep the cops on a leash for 24 hours then let 'em go apewild on the rest of the peaceful protesters. Throw in some sympathetic media who feature nothing on the evening news but about 20 'protesters' (provocateurs) smashing Starbucks windows and VOILA "Lock 'em all up!" screams the rest of the nation.

Scary stuff.

Keith

I think if things truly went haywire, and "the government" unleashed the military against the citizens, you would see massive desertion, as most of the soldiers would side with the citizens.

I think we'd have more to fear from the street criminals who would take to looting and rioting.

Fortunately for us, the average street criminal who wants to shoot things probably only has a G17 and a couple boxes of ammo, with no clue how to properly use it and would have a hard time hitting air, let alone any real target.

I recently watched the movie Battle in Seattle with Woody Harrelson and I was mortified at how quickly our rights can be taken away as seen during the WTO protests in Seattle.

Watching that movie let me to google the WTO stories and I found this documentary. After watching it for all of 30 minutes, it is all to obvious to me that when the SHTF, our government has a plan to suspend our constitutional rights, and that will leave us fighting our troops for our freedoms.

I challenge you to watch this and tell me how will we defend our freedoms against a government machine that is unstoppable?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhFvSRWYusc

The end is all too scary and tells of a truth that is all too untold.

The lesson from the Battle of Seattle isn't about the pollce response - the 'big shots' have been sending the police against protestors in the US since well before 1888 when the Chicago police clashed with workers protesting for the 8-hour day (google Haymarket massacre).
The Seattle lesson is that regular average people can organize themselves to de-rail the plans of the economic elite. The 'globalists' had no idea what was about to happen in Seattle in 1999. Later, they 'adapted and over came' to the point that the same banksters were able to hijack the economy and run it into a ditch. Still, the message that 'another world is possible' remains a potent idea IMO.

Welcome to the real world. Now that you are waking up, spread the word and start getting self sufficient. You are correct - it will be getting bad - .gov will smash us all flat to protect itself. How it will turn out - who knows. I do know that you will leave yourself with absolutely zero choices if you don't prepare now. Food, water, ammo, gold, silver...

In a major SHTF......
The gov and the military aren't going to stay organized very long when the chow line goes down, only a few weeks really.

Getting self sufficient is only going to be as good as your ability to stay underground or dodge bullets.

In a major SHTF......
The gov and the military aren't going to stay organized very long when the chow line goes down, only a few weeks really.

Getting self sufficient is only going to be as good as your ability to stay underground or dodge bullets.

I think the military will be just as strong due to the fact the Gov. will have control of the food supply and reserves. What better way to keep the military in line but to control their food supply and their families. I do not believe that all the Germans or Japanese in WW2 were as fanatical as the leaders they just wanted to survive. How many military men and women have somewhere to store supplies for a SHTF of any kind,very few.

Google April 19, 1775 to see how some folks dealt with much the same scenario..

W44

Then Google Birmingham Campaign to see how unarmed citizens over came a highly violent response from authorities, using non-violence to challenge racial segregation.

It will probably start with National Guard, Delta forces, seals, special ops, then troops. In a state of emergency and martial law. Nobody talks about Martial Law... I AM AWAKE!

Martial law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities over designated regions on an emergency basis—usually only temporary—when the civilian government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively (e.g., maintain order and security, and provide essential services), when there are extensive riots and protests, or when the disobedience of the law becomes widespread. In most cases, military forces are deployed to quiet the crowds, to secure government buildings and key or sensitive locations, and to maintain order. Generally, military personnel replace civil authorities and perform some or all of their functions. The constitution could be suspended, and in full-scale martial law, the highest ranking military General would take over, or be installed, as the military governor or as head of the government, thus removing all power from the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the federal government.

ANOTHER INTERESTING FED LAW:

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385) passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction, with the intention (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) of substantially limiting the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement. The Act prohibits most members of the federal uniformed services (today the Marine Corps, Army, Navy, Air Force, and State National Guard forces when such are called into federal service) from exercising nominally state law enforcement, police, or peace officer powers that maintain "law and order" on non-federal property (states and their counties and municipal divisions) within the United States.

The statute generally prohibits federal military personnel and units of the National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress. The Coast Guard is exempt from the Act.

Keep a close eye on the TSA as well. They are growing exponentially. Looks like Obama's "civilian security force, just as powerful, just as strong..." to me. Talk about mission creep. They are now spreading like a disease to train and bus stations, and have created "viper teams" to deploy to the nations highways.

when they shut down the internet, cell phone towers and landlines, how will be all collaborate to become one? HAM seems to have become an ancient art... We need a system, a plan... not each man for himself, because together we are the people, the voice. It is clear more than ever that it is a matter of when, not if we will all be put in this situation. We need to start organizing now. I understand everyone wants to stockpile for himself and his family, but are we not more powerful if we do it together.

when they shut down the internet, cell phone towers and landlines, how will be all collaborate to become one? HAM seems to have become an ancient art... We need a system, a plan... not each man for himself, because together we are the people, the voice. It is clear more than ever that it is a matter of when, not if we will all be put in this situation. We need to start organizing now. I understand everyone wants to stockpile for himself and his family, but are we not more powerful if we do it together.

Actually, HAM is easier than it once was. You no longer need to test for morse code to get your license. :s0155:

Actually, HAM is easier than it once was. You no longer need to test for morse code to get your license. :s0155:

Thats true. The Amateur licence no longer requires knowledge of morse code. My father (who has been a HAM for a very long time) told me they made some changes trying to get the younger crowd interested in the hobby. "Most of the old timers are dying off, and no one is replacing them"..

At any rate, in a SHTF scenario licence or not, I have a radio and knowledge to setup antennas to use it and I will use it.

Found this about HAM in the US:

In the United States, there are two major methods of organizing amateur radio emergency communications: the Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES), an organization of amateur operators sponsored by the American Radio Relay League (ARRL); and the Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES), a standby replacement radio service regulated by the Federal Communications Commission. Operations under the RACES rules requires preregistration with a local civil defense organization, to allow continued operation under Part 97.407[2] of the FCC regulations in the event the Amateur Radio Service is ever shut down by presidential order. Thus ARES and RACES involvement within the same area are usually intertwined, with many governments requiring membership and service in that locale's ARES organization to allow operations within the Amateur Radio Service as well. Many government Emergency Operations Centers, Red Cross Chapters and National Weather Service facilities have permanent Amateur Radio stations installed for such operations.

Found this about HAM in the US:

In the United States, there are two major methods of organizing amateur radio emergency communications: the Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES), an organization of amateur operators sponsored by the American Radio Relay League (ARRL); and the Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (RACES), a standby replacement radio service regulated by the Federal Communications Commission. Operations under the RACES rules requires preregistration with a local civil defense organization, to allow continued operation under Part 97.407[2] of the FCC regulations in the event the Amateur Radio Service is ever shut down by presidential order. Thus ARES and RACES involvement within the same area are usually intertwined, with many governments requiring membership and service in that locale's ARES organization to allow operations within the Amateur Radio Service as well. Many government Emergency Operations Centers, Red Cross Chapters and National Weather Service facilities have permanent Amateur Radio stations installed for such operations.

Like we'd all obey that order right? >.> I have a radio, its mine, and I'll use when I damn well please.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top