JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not worried in the slightest, because my guns can't read..... case in point.

View attachment 867809
Yep, here is pic my wife took at our former dentists office
p32.jpeg

I spend 10 hours a week on the average on pro-gun activism. I run social media groups, file written testimony on bills in the legislature, communicate with state and federal legislators, and write content for public dissemination. The focus of my social media groups is to get gun owners to vote. If every gun owner voted every election we would win every time. Sadly, only about half of them do.
Been thinking about that comment "if every gun owner voted, we would win." You must know a bunch of different gun owners than I do. Half the gun owners around here, including veterans and LE. are either opposed to freedom and/or the 2nd Amendment as a Right, as in Constitutional. That included the former left-wing sheriff (now state senator). If every gun owner voted we would still have about half voting pro-American, pro-Rights, pro-gun. If "we" did win, it would be vote scammed away (read the book VOTE SCAM , or I can provide six cases of open and obvious vote scamming off the top of my head without thinking about it, all democrat of course, in the last 40 years), so good luck with that.

Last Edited:
There is too much talk here about "we are screwed" and "I'm leaving the state"... I'm just amazed at it. Did you get every member of your family to phone and write each Rep and Senator? Did you get 10 of your neighbors, shooting buddies, and extended family to do it ?

As for leaving, where will you go that this won't follow? Thousands left California to come here to escape laws like this.... now what? Keep running from state to state until you are holed up in a cabin somewhere waiting for the end?

Fight them here and now—POLITICALLY—with all your strength. Do not let them have this beautiful state. Are we outnumbered? Of course. But these bills aren't decided by statewide majorities in general elections. They are vulnerable at key pressure points—such as when they are in committee, or being amended, or up for key votes. Pile on the phone calls, physical letters, and emails at these key pressure points. That's how the NRA and other groups tend to win legislative victories.

Bottom line is get everyone you know to tell the Republicans to walk out. We can win this, and buy ourselves another year to get organized and prepared for the 2A political fight.
Hey, we need more of this attitude up here in WA!

CHL holders have had more background checks and been subjected to more vetting and scrutiny than 90% of those writing these insane laws. A person is over 4 times more likely to get struck by a meteor than to be a victim of a crime committed by a CHL holder. That should put the insanity of this law in to perspective.

I love it! Not sure how it works in OR, but here in WA those signs have no more legal weight than one of these. (Sorry, Whole Foods)

View attachment 868344
It's the same here (in OR). The proposed law being discussed in this thread aims to change all of that. The legislature wants to insulate itself from voter backlash by abdicating it's authority to lesser bodies. They seek to make the CC landscape a minefield so as to discourage citizens from exercising their rights by establishing new felonies within arbitrary boundaries that no normal person would be able to avoid, purposefully or inadvertently. It's an admission of utter failure by the majority party.
So you can see why we're quite animated about it.

Last Edited:
As for "compromise", the communists only get half of what they want
The "compromises" or "concessions", or "wins" that have been listed here are nothing more than a manipulation by the majority party (who shall remain anonymous in name so as not to harm the feels of certain members).
They're moving the Overton window by proposing the most radical policies available to them and then walking them back as if it were a compromise, making what's left appear sensible and constructive.
It can also be called establishing The New Normal, moving the goalposts, raising/lowering the bar, etc.
image-asset.jpeg.jpg

The "compromises" or "concessions", or "wins" that have been listed here are nothing more than a manipulation by the majority party (who shall remain anonymous in name so as not to harm the feels of certain members).
They're moving the Overton window by proposing the most radical policies available to them and then walking them back as if it were a compromise, making what's left appear sensible and constructive.
It can also be called establishing The New Normal, moving the goalposts, raising/lowering the bar, etc.
View attachment 868430
Let's move the Overton window in the other direction. Two can play this game. Thirty years ago, widespread concealed carry permits were considered radical ("There will be blood in the streets!" etc)...now almost every state has some form of legal concealed carry. "Consitutional Carry" would have been on the "Radical" end of the spectrum even as recently as 10 years ago in many places. Thirty years ago, slogans like "Guns save lives!" were radical. Thirty years ago, Democrats were on the verge of banning semi-automatics and normal magazines (which they did in 1994)...that was considered "normal' enough to actually do it. Today, they are trying again...because that's what they do... but lo and behold, the AR15 is the most popular firearm in the country. Thirty years ago, many people owned "black rifles" but they were "gun people" not mainstream. There was still something kind of "Soldier of Fortune" about ARs. But nowadays your average neighbor has one...and he's not a militia member, a terrorist, or a killer. He is just "normal"...and his wife and kids go to the range too. So, I would say the Overton window can be moved both ways.

Last Edited:
Sure it can.

There are just some of us that remember when we did not have to craft a clever argument to simply not be considered criminals.

Innocent until proven guilty and all those other cliches, ya know?

Non-compliance is the way.
No, that is not the way. Non-compliance might be your coping strategy (or mine, or anyone's) to react to tyranny, but that is not a solution. What happens if you actually have to use your firearm in self-defense? Do you trust a Democrat district attorney not to charge you with a felony for illegal carry even if it was a "good shoot"? Do you trust a Democrat jury, Democrat prosecutor, and Democrat judge to support you when you use your illegally carried pistol in self-defense? I don't trust them for one second. These people hate us. They hate us not because we own guns, but because we dare to resist their tyranny, and because they loathe any whiff of self-reliance and independent thought. So good luck with your "non-compliance," it will not help you.

The "way" is to fight them politically, here and now. Don't fall back on devising scenarios of "What will I do to squirm around the next infringement?". Instead put all your energy into getting everyone you know to contact every State Rep and Senator--every day--until these bills are shelved.

The "way" is to fight them politically, here and now. Don't fall back on devising scenarios of "What will I do to squirm around the next infringement?". Instead put all your energy into getting everyone you know to contact every State Rep and Senator--every day--until these bills are shelved.

This doesn't work, never has, never will!

So, what do YOU recommend we do? Remember, they have done everything they can to block us from action, and they are well known for sneaking things in in the middle of the night, or simply removing the public voice from the whole situation and doing what they damn well please with out We the People!

Your call to fight is nothing but hollow, there IS NO FIGHT unless we take it to them with bullets and body bags, they have made it so we cannot!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top