JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If they were to show specifically how they plan to increase opportunity and access then I might take a look at it but to blatantly tell fishermen & women to roll over and take a pounding is insane.
In the directors own words he puts fishing in the same category as skiing and golf, both expensive in there own right so it's OK to make fishing as expensive.
BS and they have not even addressed the Comercial fishing fees yet either!!!!

Please get on here and leave some feedback.

<broken link removed>

I told them what I think.... I'm sure they're not going to listen though. It's seems that the WDFW is doing this not to create more opportunities for recreational fishermen or hunters, but to gouge us as much as possible until hunting and fishing is a sport that only the rich can afford.

Ray

WDFW is insane. You cant buy a fishing license and go fishing. You have to buy endorsements and catch cards too! The catch card was something forced on us to help them save money on fish checkers to track catch rates. So we saved them money, now they want us to give them more money too?

They want more money and they are going to sit back and watch as the wolves continue to push west.
Between the wolves and the cougars there won't be much big game left for the people who actually fund the clowns.

I'm boycotting both fishing and hunting this year.

They make a huge issue about how tags cover HALF of their operating budget. Let's see what their year looks like when they are short by a lot...

I doubt there would ever be a single big enough reason to get 100% turnout on a boycott - too many rural families with land and yearly traditions but even a 10-20% loss of revenue would be enormous IMO.:D

There are plenty of folks that just don't fill their tag but once every few years, if those people took a year off then they would be looking at possible layoffs (not that I want anyone to loose their job...) or other extremes.

Of course the genius at the top making decisions would most likely just keep doing the stupid thing and raise the price of tags againo_O.

Before you know it, out of state OR tags will be comparable and we can go hunt and fish with our friends in Oregon; if your very well off.:rolleyes:

WDFW is insane. You cant buy a fishing license and go fishing. You have to buy endorsements and catch cards too! The catch card was something forced on us to help them save money on fish checkers to track catch rates. So we saved them money, now they want us to give them more money too?

But they need that money so they can:

Hire more partisan biologists to push junk science to reduce our salmon/steelhead fishing opportunities,

Spend an additional 8 million dollars to move one regional office to a cushy new location with reserved parking spaces and more + bigger offices, WDFW office moving to Ridgefield in 2017 (http://tdn.com/lifestyles/wdfw-office-moving-to-ridgefield-in/article_7b9ba4f1-b457-54e6-9a54-05cc020f88e0.html)

Keep supplying fish to the tribes from the George Adams Hatchery, even though the money for the hatchery comes from WA's general fund and recreational fishermen aren't allowed to harvest any of these fish from the Skokomish River, Skokomish River off-limits to recreational salmon anglers (http://www.king5.com/tech/science/environment/skokomish-river-off-limits-to-recreational-salmon-anglers/228484580)

Ray

I know that during the 30 years I've fished and hunted in Wa that there is LESS opportunity and I don't believe that this will ever change no matter how much money is procured.

We subjects are treated like sheep by TPTB on every level, this commenting farce will shed no light on this decision because it has already been made so we best start protests, contacting ellected officials and get ready to act when needed.

I know that during the 30 years I've fished and hunted in Wa that there is LESS opportunity and I don't believe that this will ever change no matter how much money is procured.

We subjects are treated like sheep by TPTB on every level, this commenting farce will shed no light on this decision because it has already been made so we best start protests, contacting ellected officials and get ready to act when needed.

We have at least one organization on our side, CCA

CCA said:
Dear Ray,

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is proposing to raise your recreational license fees. For many anglers who fish for salmon and steelhead, this will result in a doubling of fees!

WDFW is asking for your feedback, so please click here Wild Future Fishing License Fee Proposal Survey (https://www.votervoice.net/BroadcastLinks/r_NoaedT4ChsMQSkrfgc7w) to let WDFW know how you feel about this license fee increase. Here are some points you might consider.

* It is unfair to expect the recreational community to continue subsidizing our state's commercial fisheries. The commercial sector needs to contribute equally to WDFW's costs.

* A statewide recreational priority is needed to ensure the future health of our fisheries. You want to see legislation passed that secures a better and brighter future for recreational fisheries as well as the conservation of our resources statewide.

* Third party litigation and a lack of priority on hatchery permits have resulted in significant reduction of hatchery fish available for harvest. You need certainties that any hatchery funding will go toward programs that benefit the recreational community.

* While the Columbia River policy is set to be fully implemented next year, there remain far too many uncertainties for recreational anglers. You need guarantees that there will be no gillnetting in the mainstem Columbia River as specified in the Columbia River policy.

Please let WDFW know you feel about such a drastic fee increase by clicking here Wild Future Fishing License Fee Proposal Survey (https://www.votervoice.net/BroadcastLinks/r_NoaedT4ChsMQSkrfgc7w) .

Thank you,

CCA Washington

I will be commenting again and again. Hopefully everyone here and all CCA members will do the same.

Ray

Folks just bumping this back up, there is still time to leave feedback so let's swamp em with it & keep it cordial and on task.;)

Or a take a year off from their land and hunt elsewhere... Bringing in half their expected profits will be the only thing that decreases their fees.

A total boycott would be best but some people are going to pay for the privilege anyway.

Same with hunting and fishing license fees. See what a boycott does for the 2017 season;).

Otherwise, best of luck to all of ya.

Or a take a year off from their land and hunt elsewhere... Bringing in half their expected profits will be the only thing that decreases their fees.

A total boycott would be best but some people are going to pay for the privilege anyway.

Same with hunting and fishing license fees. See what a boycott does for the 2017 season;).

I am going to address that at the meeting tonight in Centrailia.
They are going to hear the rath of the Caveman tonight!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Unfortunately, I don't think that would work. For example, if their budget is $100 and a license is $1 based on 100 people projected to buy licenses...but if only 10 people buy licenses it doesn't change the budget so guess how much tags need to be to meet the $100? It's b.s. I tell you what.

I for one have had it with this state. I spend over $300 every year for licenses to hunt and fish, tags, endorsements, and access passes. All to pile in with everyone else on the few pieces of public land we are aloud to access. We can even enjoy the serenity of being alone in the forest because chances are some came warden is probably 200' away watching you through binoculars and carrying a loaded ar15. Shame on you wdfw. Won't get my money anymore

I am seriously thinking of giving up my love of fishing in this state. I may have a boat for sale if anyone wants one... I figure I have 10-15 years of fishing ability in me so with the sale of said boat (I have fishing buddies with boats) I can fish (catch) in Alaska with my son & get a one day license here if I get froggy....;)

Despite their long history of self-funding, things aren't looking rosy for fish & wildlife agencies right now in any state. On one hand, the number of hunters in most states has been declining, leading to shortfalls of what was once the prime source of revenue. Nearly a quarter of the agency's funding comes from federal grants and my guess that's going to get slashed in the next few years.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top