JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just watched Meet the Press and a heated debate on the pending gun control BS. I was actually happy with Wayne's statements. He backed up the idea of an armed guard at every school in the country. He was all for better mental health screening and stood his ground on any more gun legislation. The host asked him directly 2 or 3 times in he would support any more gun legislation. Each time Wayne stood his ground that the gun was just a tool like a car. Wayne suggested the idea that when a felon comes in to try and buy a gun, and is turned down, he should be charged with a crime for trying to buy. As it is now the felon can just turn around and walk out of the store. Wayne also said that he was confident in the American people to defeat any more gun legislation.

Putting Joe Biden in charge of a commission to investigate gun violence is like putting the Westboro Baptist Church in charge of an investigation into gay rights. If the enactment of AWB2 can be delayed for a few weeks it will blow over unless another tragedy happens. The American public has the attention span of a gnat.

I saw the interview and I whole heartily agree with Wayne on the point of felons trying to buy guns. I have seen it twice! Sheriffs Deputy showed up, took a report, and guy walked out and not in cuffs. Enforce the laws we already have! Also the argument over mag capacity is a waste of time. The Long Island subway shooter merely brought a bag of mags with him! It is only when good guys stand up and act that these unhinged shooters get stopped. It worked in Clackamas! Good guy with a pistol stopped the murderer.

It is only when good guys stand up and act that these unhinged shooters get stopped. It worked in Clackamas! Good guy with a pistol stopped the murderer.

Yes that may be true. But if you are in that situation, DO NOT BE POLITE about it. Look what happened to the guy in the Tacoma Mall in 2005 that shouted at and warned the Perp to drop the weapon. Look what happened to him. He got shot and is paralized from the waist down. I was there when this happened.

My friends, there isnt any doubt what so ever in my mind that there is some sort of change coming down the pipe, whether it is a full on AWB, ammo tax, gun tax, I havent a clue, but something is coming none the less. If the NRA and we as gun holders just dig in our heels and say "F-U" to any new coming gun legislation then we are going to have to eat what they serve us. I think the NRA is right on what they said but everyone knows that a guard in every school just is NOT going to happen. The NRA should actually try to brainstorm on legislation ideas to put forth that would appease the gun grabbers while keeping as much of our rights as possible. If there are no pro gun people (NRA) at the table discussing legislation, I have a feeling we arent going to like what the commission "comes up with".

I agree with what Michael Bane said on his podcast: they don't hate guns. They hate us. As gun owners we represent the idea of taking care of ourselves. This goes against the agenda being pushed by government and the sheeple who enjoy being led.

My friends, there isnt any doubt what so ever in my mind that there is some sort of change coming down the pipe, whether it is a full on AWB, ammo tax, gun tax, I havent a clue, but something is coming none the less. If the NRA and we as gun holders just dig in our heels and say "F-U" to any new coming gun legislation then we are going to have to eat what they serve us. I think the NRA is right on what they said but everyone knows that a guard in every school just is NOT going to happen. The NRA should actually try to brainstorm on legislation ideas to put forth that would appease the gun grabbers while keeping as much of our rights as possible. If there are no pro gun people (NRA) at the table discussing legislation, I have a feeling we arent going to like what the commission "comes up with".

You do not "Appease" the enemy...you over-run them. "Appeasement" got us the NFA34 and the GCA68. let them try pass their garbage..if they can....the court will throw it out...In the mean time the voters can see up front and personal the two faced liers we all call politicians. Appeasing the enemy is treason.

Wayne suggested the idea that when a felon comes in to try and buy a gun, and is turned down, he should be charged with a crime for trying to buy.
I am only playing 'Devil's Advocate' here so please don't beat me up on this. IF we all agree to the above then shouldn't there be something similar in place for FTF sales such as mandatory background checks? Just wondering what the thoughts are on this.

It is my understanding that only 21 states require background checks for sales from dealers of any kind. I was also told today by a washington state sheriff that background checks are not required at gun shows in the state of washington.

All states should require background checks for both dealers and gun shows. This would be a logical step to keep guns out of the hands of many bad guys nation wide.

This change should also appease some of the gun hysteria....

an AWB and hi cap ban has been done before... it made no difference...

it is important that everybody understand, reinstating the ban is the first step to a full on ban on ALL guns...

after an AWB is enacted and another mass shooting occurs, it will be the semi auto pistols next... then it will be revolvers... then it will be anything more than a .22 and then even that will go away...

we all know that an AWB or hi cap magazine ban did not (during the Clinton era) and will not change things...criminals will disobey the law and 300 rounds can be carried in 10 magazines or 30 magazines... not factoring in that all these existing mags will still be floating around, all it will do is disarm the law abiding...

Appeasement doesn't work in gun control, or politics. It was policy to appease the Nazi party before WW 2 got going - figuring that things would be contained and a peace could be struck. It didn't work with that either. Appeasement never works - because the party you're trying to appease will never be satisfied. Ever. You wind up with the NFA, the GCA, a slew of executive orders, 10-round mag capacity limit included in the first AWB... NONE of it has done one damn thing to stop crime.

The antis and militant left will never be satisfied until we have NO civilian gun ownership, and the time to stand up and fight will have long since passed. Stop trying to placate these jackwagons and tell them enough is enough.

whoa.....sorry I used the word appease. The bottom line is I think a nation wide background check requirement would keep some of the bad guys from obtaining guns. I agree that any form of a ban is the first step down a slippery slope :(

I think the NRA is right on what they said but everyone knows that a guard in every school just is NOT going to happen. The NRA should actually try to brainstorm on legislation ideas to put forth that would appease the gun grabbers while keeping as much of our rights as possible. If there are no pro gun people (NRA) at the table discussing legislation, I have a feeling we arent going to like what the commission "comes up with".

Don't appease the gun grabbers!! Believe me.. They have only one desire, to disarm us.. Appeasing them is the first step in sacrificing our rights.. We have to prove that guns are a right, which they are , as written in the Constitution!! The Constitution is not a bargaining chip, it is the Law and our Rights, which we should stand up and fight for and defend, not sacrifice to appease the enemies of our Nation and those who wish to dissolve our Constitution. If they want to ban religion one day, should we appease them and agree to do what Chinese government enforces in it's church, give praise and admiration to the Government, before you do to God in each prayer? THink about that.. All we do is give the enemy a footstool, they will be embolden and will not stop until every citizen is disarmed, such as in Australia.

+1 To Wayne LaPierre and the NRA.. I just made a donation and extended my membership! He did what he is suppose to do. It's funny how people curse the NRA for not being bold enough to defend our gun rights, then they curse the NRA for being too bold and being too strong in defending our gun rights.. I say, support the NRA, because they, along with yourself, your voice and your vote are your best bets at defending your freedom!

It might stop a few, but not many. It's rare for a criminal to buy a gun from a law-abiding citizen. My understanding is that most of them buy from their friends. Both parties are aware that the transaction is illegal. Any new law in that area will not stop that sort of sales - it will just make private sales more of a pain in the butt for us. We would be once again trading freedom for the illusion of safety. Also we'd be playing right into the hands of the Brady crowd. Each time we "compromise" we loose a little more. Don't you think 20,000 firearm laws in the U.S. is plenty? They won't stop. They'll have some new nonsense ready next year no matter what happens now.

In the end it's a moot point since, as pointed out earlier, Obama will use an Executive Order. I figure he'll pretend to be exasperated by those intractable Republicans - never willing to compromise - and will "have to" use the order because his deadline was not met. Plus we'll see Holder pulling some shenanigans. The BATFE requirements for FFLs in border states will look like a dry run compared to what he tries this time.

whoa.....sorry I used the word appease. The bottom line is I think a nation wide background check requirement would keep some of the bad guys from obtaining guns. I agree that any form of a ban is the first step down a slippery slope :(

We have a nationwide background check...hasn't worked yet. If someone with criminal intent wants a firearm, they will obtain one, if they can't purchase it legally, the will purchase one illegally, or they will steal it more like.

Sorry, there has been absolutely not one gun law that has done what it was supposed to do, and every gun law has infringed on the law abiding citizen.

But Lanza did not buy his guns legally ... he stole them from his Mom. How would a background check requirement would have helped those little kids of Sandy hook from being killed by Lanza with 2 Glocks ??? (He didn;t even had his Mom's Bushmaster with him ... He left it in the car ...

We have a nationwide background check...hasn't worked yet. If someone with criminal intent wants a firearm, they will obtain one, if they can't purchase it legally, the will purchase one illegally, or they will steal it more like.

Sorry, there has been absolutely not one gun law that has done what it was supposed to do, and every gun law has infringed on the law abiding citizen.

That's true ... I was living in Philadelphia in 1999 and was driving under the El (the suspended Electric Train Line a.k.a. the Blue Line) ... I stopped at a traffic light and I had both my windows rolled down ... A black guy came to my window, got half-way inside the car and opened a newspaper saying: Give me $300 for this ... Inside was a Glock pistol with one mag in and another one laying on the newspaper ... How about this story? Ad of course, I nicely refused him and then closed my windows and locked my doors ... and drove away as fast as I could ...

Criminals will always get a weapon if they want. Some criminlas have fully automatic weapons that you cannot find through "normal" FFL dealers bought weapons. How do you explain that?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top