JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That was 2min30sec of my life I can't have back

Politics is just two bunches of people fighting everything the other says with total disregard for the facts

That was 2min30sec of my life I can't have back

Politics is just two bunches of people fighting everything the other says with total disregard for the facts

I wouldn't exactly say that, because the truth is truer because "facts" can be manuiplated and manufactured. That's why HEALTHY debate requires honor from both sides (of any given issue), with a willingness to conceed fault when fleshed out at the end of a debate... not to "double (even triple) down" and "sink the entire ship" for pride and ego's sake.

That's why HEALTHY debate requires honor from both sides (of any given issue), with a willingness to concede fault when fleshed out at the end of a debate.

Yeah like that ever happens.
Kind of like the Bosnians and Croatians,niether side listens,they just spew their rhetoric and nothing is ever resolved

Which one is bugeye?;)

I want to see if any of the lefties have the Nads to even post in this thread my bet is they totally ignore this thread.

Progressives! hahahahahaha,.

There is nothing progressive about those people in those videos! Animals with no self control is what I saw, mob mentality, thugs and intolerance from people that have no idea what the words progressive or tolerance mean

I wonder how they (those "protesters") would stand up to getting punched in the gut.....? :cool:

Some of them ought to be careful who they call a "tea bagger" to someone's face, they might just get their teeth knocked out... you just never know. ;)

I realize that this will be a vain effort, but I'd like to point out that those doot-brains represent nobody but themselves. They are a miniscule faction of the "Left" all to themselves, and respected by nobody. I am quite confident that they would say anything to get the goat of any "tea-ster" trying to interview them. If you don't like Communists and Muslims, then that is what they will say they are. No "left" party or Muslim mosque would have anything to do with creeps like this. I am quite sure that they are NEITHER. There is a Portland clique of "street people" that all wear black and call themselves "Anarchists" but I am sure that they would have trouble defining whatever that means. They get quite grouchy when they run out of heroin.

I am a Portland "Leftist" but those scum have nothing to do with me or anybody that I associate with, any more than the Ku Klux Klan represents "Conservatives." They are a lunatic fringe without support, and their only effect is ugly noise and deliberate impoliteness because they cannot formulate a political argument. I left my "street" activism behind decades ago, mostly because I was in great peril of going to prison for slaughtering such "street people" who abuse MY flag! Free speech? I don't care, step on MY flag in front of me and you will be HURT!

I am a "Lefty" but I am not ashamed of those (select bad word here) because they don't represent the "Left." I am simply disgusted by them...............................elsullo

Yet a racist or two completely defines the Tea Party.
Interesting set of perspectives.

The problem with generalizations is that they are like a Hawaiian mumu...they cover everything without detailing anything. Aside from being intellectually lazy and deceitful they only serve to further polarize an issue. Someone from the right will see the creatures in the video and say "All the left is like that", knowing it to be untrue. Some from the left will see a racist sign held by an individual at a Tea Party rally and say "The Tea Party is racist", knowing that to be just as untruthful. It all stems from laziness and being unwilling to address critical issues without emotion with the goal of reaching a consensus. Unless we resolve to think and work toward a mutually agreeable solution to our nation's problems we will devolve into widely disparate camps each seeking their own "truth". This way leads to the destruction of our nation.
For those who seek to destroy our country nothing could be more welcome. As long as they keep us baying at the moon instead of hunting the rats around our feet their goals will be within reach.

I'm pretty sure the title of this thread is also loaded; yeah, all of Portland are these jobless extremists. Sorry, I was too busy working and thinking about shooting than going down to protest some bizarre faction of the Republican party. :confused:

If anyone thinks any of these dbags are a full representation of the Left, then you may as well lump yourself into the same self-serving myopic group. Yay, generalizations!

:bsflag:

Bleh.

Is that really it M2? The way I see it, there is a HUGE level of hypocrisy in the press. The Mainstream Media keeps much of the populace "baying at the moon" over right leaning organizations, like the TEA party, labeling them as extremists, racist, dangerous and potential terrorists.
But when a right-side blog/news/opinion site shows extremists screaming obscenities and threatening individuals (and their relatives) it gets pooh-poohed by those on the left as "just an extremist" aspect of the left movement.
And if the admin/DHS of the moment is left leaning, those committing the offense get a pass. The MM is complicit in this, as they offer no critique of the police/DHS/admin after these events.
Yet they'll decry "bullying" and every opportunity, asking that government DO something.

But! Let a Veteran's association organize, and exercise the right of free speech concerning their views about a hypocritical President/DHS/ATF and you will have the police out in riot gear expecting armed extremists. The MM will support the actions of the DHS and local police, giving voice to those hollering "racist," and you can be sure the event WILL get coverage, and little of it positive. (Those PTSD ridden veterans are trained to KILL!!)

There is no honesty in the mainstream press any longer. No equity in reporting. Leftists called for Bush's head (and other parts of his anatomy) numerous times, with rarely a whimper from the MM. Nobody in the MM labeled them extremist even when they demonstrated it. They reported on those events as if that conduct was justified, apparently due to some perceived slight after the 2000 election.
And to Bush and the pub's credit, if it was investigated, they didn't have half the political pundits out decrying the conduct of those twits.
Look at the coverage Cindy Sheehan garnered for heaven's sake. She alone probably got more hours of coverage in the MM as ALL of the TEA party events. Not once did I ever hear the MM refer to her as extreme or delusional, or give voice to anyone that did. She was always portrayed as the legitimately grieving mother.

A HUGE part of the "it's Bush's fault" mantra can be laid at the MM's feet. They fostered it and promoted it, and have expanded it to "it's the Republican's fault."

It persists today, in the budget battles.
Listen to buggy hollering about Paul Ryan's budget plans, spewing the same leftist fear mongering that the MM gives voice to, ignoring the FACT that the country is broke, and deficit spending is the bane of our existence.

The press is/was guaranteed freedom by the 1stA, on the grounds that they would remain objective and therefore report ALL of the truth.
I am certain the founders never dreamed that so much of it could be swayed. Of course the left doesn't see it that way, and now, through plans like the "fairness doctrine" they want the other side silenced.
And the left's "espousers of freedom" like buggy will tell you much of that is justifiable too.

It's hypocrisy, pure and simple.

Is that really it M2? The way I see it, there is a HUGE level of hypocrisy in the press. The Mainstream Media keeps much of the populace "baying at the moon" over right leaning organizations, like the TEA party, labeling them as extremists, racist, dangerous and potential terrorists.
But when a right-side blog/news/opinion site shows extremists screaming obscenities and threatening individuals (and their relatives) it gets pooh-poohed by those on the left as "just an extremist" aspect of the left movement.
And if the admin/DHS of the moment is left leaning, those committing the offense get a pass. The MM is complicit in this, as they offer no critique of the police/DHS/admin after these events.
Yet they'll decry "bullying" and every opportunity, asking that government DO something.

But! Let a Veteran's association organize, and exercise the right of free speech concerning their views about a hypocritical President/DHS/ATF and you will have the police out in riot gear expecting armed extremists. The MM will support the actions of the DHS and local police, giving voice to those hollering "racist," and you can be sure the event WILL get coverage, and little of it positive. (Those PTSD ridden veterans are trained to KILL!!)

There is no honesty in the mainstream press any longer. No equity in reporting. Leftists called for Bush's head (and other parts of his anatomy) numerous times, with rarely a whimper from the MM. Nobody in the MM labeled them extremist even when they demonstrated it. They reported on those events as if that conduct was justified, apparently due to some perceived slight after the 2000 election.
And to Bush and the pub's credit, if it was investigated, they didn't have half the political pundits out decrying the conduct of those twits.
Look at the coverage Cindy Sheehan garnered for heaven's sake. She alone probably got more hours of coverage in the MM as ALL of the TEA party events. Not once did I ever hear the MM refer to her as extreme or delusional, or give voice to anyone that did. She was always portrayed as the legitimately grieving mother.

A HUGE part of the "it's Bush's fault" mantra can be laid at the MM's feet. They fostered it and promoted it, and have expanded it to "it's the Republican's fault."

It persists today, in the budget battles.
Listen to buggy hollering about Paul Ryan's budget plans, spewing the same leftist fear mongering that the MM gives voice to, ignoring the FACT that the country is broke, and deficit spending is the bane of our existence.

The press is/was guaranteed freedom by the 1stA, on the grounds that they would remain objective and therefore report ALL of the truth.
I am certain the founders never dreamed that so much of it could be swayed. Of course the left doesn't see it that way, and now, through plans like the "fairness doctrine" they want the other side silenced.
And the left's "espousers of freedom" like buggy will tell you much of that is justifiable too.

It's hypocrisy, pure and simple.

there is a HUGE level of hypocrisy in the press.
Ya think???? If you carefully read my post you will see I laid blame on ANY who obfuscate fact with a generalization. Our house is on fire...and it seems the debate about which is the proper shape for the bucket is more important that getting water on the flames. Every sacred cow in Washington is eligible for the butcher shop in my view, these are serious times that call for sacrifice by all.

there is a HUGE level of hypocrisy in the press.
Ya think???? If you carefully read my post you will see I laid blame on ANY who obfuscate fact with a generalization. Our house is on fire...and it seems the debate about which is the proper shape for the bucket is more important that getting water on the flames. Every sacred cow in Washington is eligible for the butcher shop in my view, these are serious times that call for sacrifice by all.

It's beyond repair at this point. As I see it, we need to hit the Washington D.C. reset button. I've had it with all of 'em!

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads