JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't agree with using a weapon to "defend" property.

I've been 'jacked. I was armed. I let them take the car, because that's not what weapons are for, unless you're a poser.

You are still breathing and able to sleep at night. Sounds like a win-win....regardless of grammar challenged comments from somebody who has obviously been there to the contrary.

Glad your situation worked out for you.

As for me......I am not obligated to flee my own property nor will I.

As for actually being in one of these situations.....I was once. Unarmed but never again.

I wish they'd have dropped all of them inside the residence.

I like dead offenders!

You are still breathing and able to sleep at night. Sounds like a win-win....
It was that. He went to jail, I got my car back, and I can sleep just fine, because I knew ten years before he was born that I'm a stone-cold coward. :cool:

Cops carry weapons because they need them. The rest of us carry them because we're afraid.

Cowardice is one of the most successful survival strategies going, and I never lie to myself.

It was that. He went to jail, I got my car back, and I can sleep just fine, because I knew ten years before he was born that I'm a stone-cold coward. :cool:

Cops carry weapons because they need them. The rest of us carry them because we're afraid.

Cowardice is one of the most successful survival strategies going, and I never lie to myself.

This should go on the stupidest posts on NWFA.
I carry,not because I am afraid of anyone,but because I may need to defend someone else.People don't seem to want to bother me,for whatever reason. I am not a tough guy.

You need to go look up the Sheep.Sheep dog and the wolf.
I have stopped a couple little problems by just seeming confident.And I was confident that they shouldn't bubblegum with me right then.
If it is out of cowardliness that you carry a gun then you should not carry and stay at home in your safe little abode.I don't see that as an option. Again nothing to do with being a coward.
I will not let some lowlife regulate my life, not that I am afraid of them.

Did I read that correctly? Did I miss the sarcasm? Ha-ha? Jokes over?
Maybe you carry because your afraid, I carry because in the instance I need to defend myself I will be prepared.

Dang dude, Id say the poser is the guy who is armed and when confronted with life threatening force does nothing.

You cannot judge someone by what they did if you weren't there.

Did I read that correctly? Did I miss the sarcasm? Ha-ha? Jokes over?
Maybe you carry because your afraid, I carry because in the instance I need to defend myself I will be prepared.

I think what old Jammer Six is trying to tell us is that he would rather have you guys call him a coward then have to plug someone for stealing his car. I commend him for using restraint and good judgement and holding his opinion on his situation rather than giving in to the armchair quarterbacks of these forums.

You don't shoot someone for stealing, you shoot someone because you felt that you or another was in danger of serious bodily harm or death (i.e. in fear of your life).

"For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill."-Sun Tzu, Art of War

I don't carry but I have never been afraid except once when I stopped a pimp from beating his girl in a downtown bus stop and he drew on me if I had been armed I would have drawn and probably been shot. I was gonna kick his *** and slap him around like he was doing to her but that was abrubtly ended. A short time later I owned a 357 and a Derringer 5 shot 22. I beleive you should defend your home and property, stop any crimes you witness to whatever extent you feel is enough call the cops or get in the mix and draw.

When I teach, I teach the following scenario.

I teach that late at night, you come around a corner just in time to see a large, muscular man knock a small woman to the ground. As she sees you, she screams "help me, he's going to kill me!", and, in fact, you see that the man is in the process of pulling gun and pointing it at her.

What should you do?

So far, the overwhelming majority of my young, male students all agree that you should draw your weapon and prevent the detective from arresting the drug dealer.

You cannot judge someone by what they did if you weren't there.

This too can go on stupidest posts on NWFA.

I think what old Jammer Six is trying to tell us is that he would rather have you guys call him a coward then have to plug someone for stealing his car. I commend him for using restraint and good jugdement and holding his opinion on his situation rather than giving in to the airchair quarterbacks of these forums.

He's really trying to tell us he is a coward because he is a coward.
And his remark about cops, guns, us, and fear is pure, unadulterated

:bsflag:

If a person wants to live in their own home built Puzzyville that's their choice, just another one of the great things about being an American!

He's really trying to tell us he is a coward because he is a coward.

What makes him a coward, because he didn't shoot a man stealing his car? Who is the true coward, here? The man that is willing to post his experience or the one hiding behind a keyboard criticizing him for his decision and anyone that agrees with it?

All I'm saying is that maybe, just maybe you would want to be judged impartially and unbiasedly if you sat in the defendant box if you used force. If you can't admit that then, realistically, you're just some internet tough guy that likes to bully people that you don't agree with.

Nobody here can judge Jammer Six on what he did or didn't do because we weren't there...we weren't in his shoes and we don't know what he was thinking or what he was feeling or what he saw or felt.

...you come around a corner just in time to see a large, muscular man knock a small woman to the ground. As she sees you, she screams "help me, he's going to kill me!", and, in fact, you see that the man is in the process of pulling gun and pointing it at her.

What should you do?

So far, the overwhelming majority of my young, male students all agree that you should draw your weapon and prevent the detective from arresting the drug dealer.

You realize this is a loaded scenario, right? If he isn't a cop and just lets it happen then they possibly could have let a murder happen, right? Sometimes things aren't what they seam and sometimes they are...the main thing is that you try to take each situation with a grain of salt and don't prejudge anything or anyone.

I really hope you teach both sides of this coin and not just humble your students into the falsehood that a gun is only for taking lives and not for saving lives.

When I teach, I teach the following scenario.

I teach that late at night, you come around a corner just in time to see a large, muscular man knock a small woman to the ground. As she sees you, she screams "help me, he's going to kill me!", and, in fact, you see that the man is in the process of pulling gun and pointing it at her.

What should you do?

Where the hell did you come from, dude?

I don't have any problem with you having your own weird, oddball opinions and cowardice... But I'd ask you to put some kind of disclaimer in your sigline or at the beginning of every post you make, fully owning the fact that what you've said or are about to say is bubbleguming weird and possibly cowardly, and totally unrepresentative of any other lawful gun owners, lest anyone happen across them and think that's something the rest of us believe.

---

As to the scenario above- do you have any idea what the odds of that are? I don't either, but I can tell you'd I'd stake my freedom on the fact that for every plain-clothes arrest effected that could be confused with a robbery, there are at least 50,000 real armed robberies. And so long as you live in a state with a "Good Samaritan" clause, you'd be completely exonerated. Rightly so.

In the original article, the people stole GUNS and then RETURNED to the house. At that point, the homeowner SHOULD be afraid for his life (4 criminals coming to his house and he KNOWS they have guns because they just stole them).

In the 2nd case, a guy was having his car stolen.

Those 2 cases are not even close, as far as being justified for self-defense.

Afraid? I carry weapons because I am prepared. I stood prepared with weapon in hand to defend our nation and I stand ready with weapon at my side to defend my family. The only thing to be afraid of is that the number of nutcases in this world is multiplying and I only carry 2 mags. Is my truck worth someone's life, probably not, but what if they decide they want more and then more.

Here in Oregon we cannot shoot to protect property. You have to be in fear for your life. We do not have the Castle Doctrine either. Jammer, I know I was not present when your car jacking occurred but it is not rare for those to get very violent . . . quickly. You may easily have been in jeopardy. Your call. Glad it worked out

I agree with jammer - i would never pull a gun to prevent someone from stealing my stuff. The potential results aren't worth a few bucks. I actually find it refreshing to see this.

Seems that there are two types of people here:

Those that carry and sincerely hope that the day never comes that they are put in a position to use their weapon...

and those that can't wait for it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads