JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Status
Reactions
So I post this random joke picture I find on the interwebs, and it gets this NWFA mark in the corner. Just curious, what is the purpose? Advertising?

Lol, then couldn't post becuase thread title was only 9 letters...

To prevent unscrupulous individuals from copying NWFA member's pictures and setting up bogus ads on other sites.

Thanks everybody, but this had nothing to do with the classifieds. Maybe every image posted gets the treatment.

I take no issues with it, and honestly appreciate it. There was a lot of image theft happening (so I was reading) so I hope that puts a speed bump in it at least.

With experience in the photography world image theft is wildly common and always disheartening when you find it. I've had my work stolen, it sucks. Worse is when I found it reedited.

Does this mean if we have pictures posted on older ads that we should re-upload the pictures so we have the watermark

Does this mean if we have pictures posted on older ads that we should re-upload the pictures so we have the watermark
The watermark does not apply to the image on upload (currently). The images are stored on the server unmolested. When one goes to view the image, the watermark applies...so, the process naturally takes care of old/pre-existing images.

No need to re-upload anything.

Lol, then couldn't post becuase thread title was only 9 letters...
This is so the title is more descriptive. the title as you wrote doesn't tell me what the thread is about, is it a watermark on your rifle stock or coffee table you want to know how to get out or ?

A more descriptive title would have been longer such as (Why is there a watermark on the pictures I upload?) This helps the search feature as well as eliminate duplicate threads. If you really just want a short title that doesn't quite fit the character limit the space bar should help at the end as well.

This is so the title is more descriptive. the title as you wrote doesn't tell me what the thread is about, is it a watermark on your rifle stock or coffee table you want to know how to get out or ?

A more descriptive title would have been longer such as (Why is there a watermark on the pictures I upload?) This helps the search feature as well as eliminate duplicate threads. If you really just want a short title that doesn't quite fit the character limit the space bar should help at the end as well.
Reminds me of:

1624894673574.png

"Watermark" was more than descriptive enough, understanding that

The title did not need to be more descriptive. In light of recent changes, more than one member here is questioning why this is happening. Self explanatory. Why was my post moved? Why 9 characters? Don't bother. This conversation is dumb. NWFA can set whatever parameters it wants, move posts around as it pleases, give canned responses to legitimate questions, And some members will keep their wallets closed next go round.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top