JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two ways, get a Water Witcher to say "dig here" and drill until you hit water. Or you can pay big bucks and get a seismic survey done. Third way, ask your neighbors how deep their wells are.

+1 for talking to a couple of well drillers. If you can find an outfit that's been drilling in your area for 20 or 30 years, they'll know if the table is dropping.

Are you using an auger, a wellpoint, or something else?

Two ways, get a Water Witcher to say "dig here" and drill until you hit water. Or you can pay big bucks and get a seismic survey done. Third way, ask your neighbors how deep their wells are.
Asking neighbors is helpful, but it might not be a reliable methodology; my neighbor to the north (500' away), has a well that is ~400' deep IIRC and he has to drop his pump more because his water level is falling. My neighbor to the east (also about 500' away) has an even deeper well. My well is 120' deep and the water level was at 60' with the pump at 80' when it was drilled - I have had no problems, but previous owners were two people, and before them a single person, and I live alone - so I don't use much water. I believe I must be on a different aquifer than my neighbors - I don't know why - just luck I guess.

We have no problems figuring out where OUR water table is - most of this part of Cambridgeshire is either just at, or sometimes below, mean sea level.

1620919868487.png

These 'workmen's cottages' are usually six feet above the road which is hidden underwater....the footbridge you can see in the distance is usually at least ten feet above the little riverette.

This was nearby St Ives on the same day.........

1620920198804.png
1620920333703.png

Tac, send some of that over here to the west coast.
I wish.

Sadly, this was only on loan here over Christmas, by New Year it had mostly gone, but has left many people out of the homes even now. Our friend Mary, who lives in the other village of the twin village locale, faces a half million £ restoration bill for her 18thC house...she's not alone either. We live in the much newer, much cheaper part of the village, an area called, on a 1787 map, 'The High Fieldes'.

You don't have to be a genius to figure out why.

We have no problems figuring out where OUR water table is - most of this part of Cambridgeshire is either just at, or sometimes below, mean sea level.

View attachment 882605

These 'workmen's cottages' are usually six feet above the road which is hidden underwater....the footbridge you can see in the distance is usually at least ten feet above the little riverette.

This was nearby St Ives on the same day.........

View attachment 882606
View attachment 882609

So…. THAT explains why most British cuisine is boiled and aren't know for good pizza!

;):D (I keed, I keed!)

Maybe you could put out a rain barrel or so and catch magic water that falls from the sky. They do that in the desert a lot and you know what?. Albany isn't a desert.

You can use this site to find registered wells in your area.

Interesting data. Doesn't quite match the details I recall for my property (maybe I did not pay attention), but interesting. My SWL is what I recall (85', found water at 145') but the drill depth is deeper by about 2X (245' vs the 120' I recall). Tested GPM is 12 GPM. It seems they may have went deeper to see if they could get better flow? I've only ever tested for a few minutes, which isn't valid, but is ok as the only time I use a lot of water is when I use the pressure washer and that is only about 3 GPM.

Neighbors drill depth is much deeper (645') but SWL is 345' - they didn't find water until 630'. Interesting that they found lava way down there too. Tested GPM is 40 GPM.

I saw an interesting vid about how this all works out:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top