JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This may sound cynical but I am just a little.:confused: Without a crisis you can't make draconian climate laws. Empty the reservoirs and you have a drought. Who controls the dams? :s0093:
We have spent, and will continue to spend, trillions of dollars on infrastructure. Yet none of these problems are even on the radar. The money is collected and spent, but the problems persist. I guess folks can come up with their own conclusions.
Gov Brown has enjoyed a year + of emergency orders. Did she make any move at all to prevent the forests of Oregon from burning this coming summer? Any expansion of fire lanes? Clearing of underbrush? Selective logging that would automatically help to prevent forest fires? You know, there comes a ton of power and infuence to a person that gets to direct a billion or more dollars in an "emergency" situation. Checks and balances go out the window. I hate everything about her, but she is an amazing politician, and knows exactly what she is doing.
Last week, Gov Inslee was in Vancouver bragging at all the jobs "created" as the windmill parts arrive from the orient. Sad.
We are no longer an industrious nation able to problem solve.

We have spent, and will continue to spend, trillions of dollars on infrastructure. Yet none of these problems are even on the radar. The money is collected and spent, but the problems persist. I guess folks can come up with their own conclusions.
Gov Brown has enjoyed a year + of emergency orders. Did she make any move at all to prevent the forests of Oregon from burning this coming summer? Any expansion of fire lanes? Clearing of underbrush? Selective logging that would automatically help to prevent forest fires? You know, there comes a ton of power and infuence to a person that gets to direct a billion or more dollars in an "emergency" situation. Checks and balances go out the window. I hate everything about her, but she is an amazing politician, and knows exactly what she is doing.
Last week, Gov Inslee was in Vancouver bragging at all the jobs "created" as the windmill parts arrive from the orient. Sad.
We are no longer an industrious nation able to problem solve.
The problem in Oregon is mail in ballots are corrupt and thats why we in Oregon can't solve our problems. When you can't remove the corrupt then your state goes communist. Kates emergency orders are just that, communism.

Last Edited:
We have spent, and will continue to spend, trillions of dollars on infrastructure. Yet none of these problems are even on the radar.
"Infrastructure" in the US no longer includes pouring concrete for dams, waterways, etc. Too political.

Some day, it may come to construction of public water catchment facilities for those occasions when it does rain. And store that water rather than allowing it to run away downstream. Think of them as giant water barrels. Like they have on Ascension island, used to have on Gibraltar. Smaller ones are very common on Caribbean, Hawaiian and other islands. Water from the roof is caught in individual cisterns for later use.

I've been "working" on my own here for years, maybe current events will hasten me along.

Some governments consider rain water to be the property of the State. It is illegal to catch rain water and store it without permission.

Without water, you cannot live. Search "water culture" and find out the extreme effect of control of water.

Indeed. We cannot increase or decrease the amount of water on planet earth. Less water here means more there. It does not rain salt water, so clearly there is no crisis with fresh flowing into salt. The world would have perished from salinity eons ago if that was the case.

What I wish there was, is a shortage of doomsayers.
I agree that there is a finite amount of water. But I think the issues are the availability of clean drinking water. Plus controlling where that water is located.

If you're located in LA or Phoenix and the reservoirs are running very low, it is no consolation to you that Alabama is underwater.

"Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink"

The problem in Oregon is mail in ballots are corrupt and thats why we in Oregon can't solve our problems. When you can't remove the corrupt then your state goes communist. Kates emergency orders are just that, communism.
Are you including all the mail in ballots sent since the Civil War or just the ones with bubbles filled in that you don't agree with? I suppose all the military ballots sent over the decades from overseas are corrupt, too.

I agree that there is a finite amount of water. But I think the issues are the availability of clean drinking water. Plus controlling where that water is located.

If you're located in LA or Phoenix and the reservoirs are running very low, it is no consolation to you that Alabama is underwater.

"Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink"
The west had droughts 150 years ago. Weather patterns, then and now - complicated today by incompetent government.

Mexico City and its metro area.

About 70 per cent of Mexico is impacted by drought, up from about half in December. About a fifth of the country is experiencing extreme drought compared to less than 5 per cent each year since 2012.

Experts fear the problem will reach more of the 22 million inhabitants of Mexico City's metro area, which is quenched by a network of reservoirs. Some districts have no piped drinking water at the best of times.

"I have no doubt that in 2022 there will be a crisis," said Sanchez, who anticipates possible social unrest. "The reservoirs are completely depleted."

Mexico City and its metro area.

About 70 per cent of Mexico is impacted by drought, up from about half in December. About a fifth of the country is experiencing extreme drought compared to less than 5 per cent each year since 2012.

Experts fear the problem will reach more of the 22 million inhabitants of Mexico City's metro area, which is quenched by a network of reservoirs. Some districts have no piped drinking water at the best of times.

"I have no doubt that in 2022 there will be a crisis," said Sanchez, who anticipates possible social unrest. "The reservoirs are completely depleted."

Does that mean no more cartel avocados?

Bad situation down there. Our community well was closed the weekend before last. As far as I know it is still closed down. I will be bringing extra water with me for this weekends trip to cabin.

Bad situation down there. Our community well was closed the weekend before last. As far as I know it is still closed down. I will be bringing extra water with me for this weekends trip to cabin.
Took the family camping down there a few years ago. Beautiful country. Hope they can work things out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top