JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At least they still have to demonstrate critical thinking skills, right?
But not knowing how to read how can you make any critical thinking/decisions? I suppose basic things you can decide if you have people to talk but not knowing how to read is just plain stupid IMHO. :eek:

Makes you wonder why they wouldn't let us capture rainwater all these years. Watershed my tookus!!! They let bums crap in every waterway around. Hell, I got asked to leave the water fountain at the park today. And I was quite enjoying my bath!

Wow. Arizona farmers going to take the brunt. Cali gets a free pass, due to politics, I mean, more senior water rights. Arizona STATE population about 7.5 million. Los Angeles COUNTY population 10.5 million.

And while we sit and act like we can't solve these problems, China builds a dam so big it has a global impact-

Terrestrial impact of 3 Gorges Dam

In 2005, NASA scientists calculated that the shift of water mass stored by the dams would increase the total length of the Earth's day by 0.06 microseconds and make the Earth slightly more round in the middle and flat on the poles. (from wiki)

And while we sit and act like we can't solve these problems, China builds a dam so big it has a global impact-

Terrestrial impact of 3 Gorges Dam

In 2005, NASA scientists calculated that the shift of water mass stored by the dams would increase the total length of the Earth's day by 0.06 microseconds and make the Earth slightly more round in the middle and flat on the poles. (from wiki)
Chinese environmentalists are hanging out with Uyghurs.

What I meant to say is that we do lose water. It seems people here think the earth will always have the same amount of water on the planet. But we lose water every day.
At the same time, we gain water every day from comets and meteorites that burn up in the atmosphere. Is the rate of loss greater than the rate of gain? I don't know. As usual, there are 2 sides to every equation. I'd do the math but I graduated from high school in Oregon (not really). LOL

Last Edited:
At the same time, we gain water every day from comets and meteorites that burn up in the atmosphere. Is the rate of loss greater than the rate of gain? I don't know. I'd do the math but I graduated from high school in Oregon (not really). LOL
Something to keep in mind is that the total amount of water available is less important than the condition of the water. We use massive amounts of fresh water everyday for industrial purposes and shove it underground or contaminate it. Also the distribution of the water is a big problem. Until we can cheaply convert saltwater to drinking water and cheaply move water around the country, many areas are going to struggle. I would really like to see a major pipeline project to move water from Columbia River to Eastern Oregon and Washington. It is a shame all that fresh water gets dumped in the sea (especially if rising oceans are a legit concern, I have big doubts about that).

Last Edited:
No kidding!

I was just intrigued by your choice of the term "invented." And your pinpointing of the 5th century as the time of that invention. I was under the impression that languages evolved, and that it was more or less a continuous process.
It's not me that pinpointed the 5th century. That is just what is widely believed by historians. And languages evolve, but from something that was created. Invented just means newly created (original). English didn't just always exist. I don't see a problem with the term.

It's not me that pinpointed the 5th century. That is just what is widely believed by historians.
I'm just wondering how these lines get drawn. Given that whatever was spoken in Britain in the 5th century would probably be unintelligible to a modern English speaker, who is to say it's the same language?
And languages evolve, but from something that was created. Invented just means newly created (original).
So, how did that happen? Did they have a meeting and decide on new rules, like with Esperanto?

English didn't just always exist.
You say that like it's supposed to be some kind of revelation.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top