JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One problem is that governments have become dependent on ever-increasing population to support their Ponzi-like schemes, like Social Security. That is why they support (or ignore) unrestricted immigration, which offsets declining native birth rates. :rolleyes:

One problem is that governments have become dependent on ever-increasing population to support their Ponzi-like schemes, like Social Security. That is why they support (or ignore) unrestricted immigration, which offsets declining native birth rates. :rolleyes:

When people start going off on reducing our carbon "Foot Print", if they're particularly annoying, I'll ask them how many kids they've had......

When people start going off on reducing our carbon "Foot Print", if they're particularly annoying, I'll ask them how many kids they've had......

I've had one and that wasn't planned. I take responsibility seriously, and in my mind, that are not many things that requires more responsibility than providing for and raising a child. It often works out to be a lifelong task that doesn't stop just because they become an adult.

So when my wife (now my ex-wife) want to have another child, I said no. I had another woman who tried to get pregnant by me, and once I learned what her goal was, I dropped her like a hot potato.

Lakes, rivers, etc. vary with rainfall.

Aquifers are where most of the water is, where much of it comes from, and they are all going down. It takes hundreds if not thousands of years to refill them.

I know that.

But snow and rain made a big difference too.

I am not just talking about snow packs and some SPECIFIC 'western' states that tend to have little RAIN now either.

I have even seen where the Army Corps of Engineers have dropped or risen lake levels up close and personal.

I am not talking about old or new dams now and/or idiots removing dams due to some goofy MOVEMENT that you see out WEST and in some other states now either.

I could see the difference in LAKE LEVELS in my former state and in other states all the way from the Great Lakes region to the EAST COAST and up close to the Canadian border from the late 60's and on to the year when my late husband died. Thirty plus years later on. He told me what he saw as a Kid in the 50's flying puddle jumpers with some old Auntie to some island schools in the Great Lakes region. From 1953 and on when he came to the USA as a legal immigrant from a war torn country and almost 8 years old that spring/summer.

One of those old great Aunts of his who lived into her 90's showed ME what was going on up front and personal too. Land, lakes, rivers and farms. This was over several counties and, later on, while on the decks of my late husband's and my sail and power boats and not just on old ferry trips or on the Jet Express down the road in time. Up to the Canadian waters. ALL over the place. You could SEE this on Sea Planes (In Maine and in the GL region.) and on some small plane rides, back east, which I can't remember the name of the company that made a few planes. You could SEE this on helicopter rides too. I did that one year too.

The companies that want to make EXPENSIVE or medium priced 'designer foo foo water' in a plastic bottle in the Great Lakes region and in other parts of this country have caused MANY problems with lake levels and more if you see the figures on what they are or have PUMPED out of some lakes.

People have been trying to fight this.

It is the same deal in other parts of the country, all across this country, where companies have gone in for other THINGS aka resources and they have ruined wells, contaminated them and run them dry because of new ideas to GET their products.

Tons of stories have shown this out west and even back east. True stories and not just what some people call FAKE news.

But if some people say that they should go back to the older methods of producing a product - we are told that we are not 'modern' enough by some conservative and some other people. And I am a conservative with libertarian leanings but even I SEE this and have seen this when it comes to wells and/or county/city water.

Back east and out here... I have lived with a GOOD well on my former land, lived with a good well up in the Sapphire Mountains (Camped and log cabin time.) and lived with city/county water growing up on the East Coast. There is a HUGE aquifer in this valley where I live now in this college town in Montana. I have town water now. I have a water rights ditch on my own land now inside of town limits and NO limit on what I can use too. I do NOT waste water even though I can use as much as I want from that ditch. ADDED more.

I do not water my LAWN like some people do around here. They WASTE water! My opinion.

I planted natural grasses from SEED. Lolo National Forest seed - Dry Site - (1A?). I planted some other native grasses too. I did water the seed and ground when I did my seeding too. BUT once it was grown - I don't have to fool with it too much.

I do water the trees that I planted. I cleaned out a LOT of garbage from a natural planting area and brought it back to LIFE behind the wr ditch. I have a LOT of wildlife and birds where the other people don't have as much as I do. Etc.

ADDED more.

Two houses down from me to the East is a small cattle ranch and he does some irrigation on his land too. Lots of growing around here and my MT husband who was born and raised here has shown me history of these things in this college town, up in NW MT close to the Canadian border, his family heritage, and even when he lived right off of the Reservation but went to school ON the Rez for a couple of years when his late Dad taught school on the Hi Line or as I write High Line.

I would mention deliberate weather MANIPULATION which is a very real thing too. But many people think it is just salami news.

ADDED more and typos.

Take care.

Cate

Last Edited:
If it becomes polluted - yes, it may not be recoverable.

Also, whether it can be used in a given region depends on whether the aquifer is depleted and weather. Generally, a LOT of water used for agriculture comes from wells, which tap into aquifers underground. These aquifers are often huge and cover a large area. A lot of aquifers are being drained much faster than they can be replenished. Most aquifers take hundreds, often thousands of years to be replenished.

More than one civilization has fallen because they used up their natural resources, especially water.

THIS is true!

Cate

Desalination plants are in many countries now. I am FOR them.

Didn't Israel and some other ME countries built them? I know that I have read and seen this in the news especially in some ME countries where they are building more modern cities.

I believe that CA (LOL) even started one DP or more of them but I could be wrong.

I used to have many of these things bookmarked on my computer but no longer.

I say LET THEM BUILD THEM NOW with their own money instead of waiting, whining/moaning/p-ing and blaming other people for their WATER WOES!

Too much to say... sigh.

Population explosion? I never had any children with my late husband.

Water wells in poorer countries and where people really need HELP? Many religious groups not just some .gov handout are drilling wells.

They are teaching people about sanitation so that they can have potable water.

Many U.S. troops have gone into some countries already, eerrr, for YEARS ON END, ALL over the world on so called HUMANITARIAN MISSIONS even while some 'wars' or tribal conflicts were/are going on and they have built small hospitals, schools, set up sanitation things (WATER and outhouses or real toilets.) for various people and not just for themselves while they are on their mission.

My late husband did this in his CE unit with the Air NG. He had a break between his Nam and all around the world time with the USN. He went into the AIR NG (Not full time.) and had his NON .gov job too. He and other people told me about some horrid conditions and even though they were down in some countries to HELP some people - they were always on alert.

Some people wanted their help from Uncle Sugar and other people wanted them OUT of their country or DEAD. Some Army guys were killed while driving their trucks and some water buffalo truck/unit when he was on one trip too. Central or South America. He was in several of those countries and not just in Europe with the Air NG - Tactical Fighter Group - Fighter Wing - CE. CE = civil engineering. He was in more countries around the world while in the USN though.

Cate

I'm curious how they established "east" on a sphere rotating on a north-south axis. No matter which way the north pole moves, directionally it is moving south. Likewise the south pole can only move north. Every other spot on the planet is always moving east due to its rotation. Sounds like "Science of the Lambs".

I can remember when ENRON traded "energy futures" and what that did to the price of electricity in certain states.

BUT, But, but........something like that would/could NEVER occur again. Cough, cough.....

Aloha, Mark

Global tilting.. windmills at 11:00.

Oh, I see someone beat me to it

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads