JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ditched cable last year, and I sometimes miss shows cause we aren't at home. I downloaded the cbs, and nbc app on my iPad. I enjoy the show blue bloods. Here's my question. I missed the one last Friday, and I'd like to watch it. But it's not been uploaded yet. What am I missing?

"I take it, you don't like TV"

Actually I enjoy it...but watch WAY to much.
I just don't think there's anything on it I'd miss in the least. Maybe I've seen it all, or the stories seem less and less about originality... and more and more about filling dead air on a zillion channels with anything at all and calling it "more choice". Does ANYBODY actually shop on "shopping channels" anymore??? I stop watching detective shows when his/her friend/relative/co-worker gets kidnapped.

But it's probably more "miss-able" because content used to be only an inch wide but a mile deep ... now it's closer to a mile wide and an inch deep,

When Newton N. Minow (FCC Chairman) made his Vast Wasteland" speech
to TV execs in 1961, there were very few channel choices and most weren't even on 24/7.... Here's the pertinent part;

"When television is good, nothing - not the theater, not magazines or newspapers - nothing is better.
But when television is bad, nothing is worse. I invite each of you to sit down in front of your own television set when your station goes on the air and stay there, for a day, without a book, without a magazine, without a newspaper, without a profit and loss sheet or a rating book to distract you. Keep your eyes glued to that set until the station signs off. I can assure you that what you will observe is a vast wasteland.
You will see a procession of game shows, formula comedies about totally unbelievable families, blood and thunder, mayhem, violence, sadism, murder, western bad men, western good men, private eyes, gangsters, more violence, and cartoons. And endlessly commercials — many screaming, cajoling, and offending. And most of all, boredom. True, you'll see a few things you will enjoy. But they will be very, very few. And if you think I exaggerate, I only ask you to try it."

Apparently they ignored him and spread the "can't miss" stuff even thinner over a lot more hours on a lot more channels. Maybe they only heard "nothing, is better" and decided to make lots and lots of nothing.

Last Edited:
I was visiting my daughter last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper.

"This is the 21st century," she said. "We don't waste money on newspapers. Here, use my iPad."

I can tell you this…..that fly never knew what hit him.

I ditched TV Nine Years ago, in December....

It was ~the BEST Decision~ in a Decade!!!!! I have never looked back.

I seldom even think of the wasted hours glued to the tube.

Any movie I watch, is watched, specifically brcause I choose it, not because "It was there" I have multiple Movies, that I Re-Watch, Just because the acting is so great, or the story is significant to my ideology.

I think I have watched "Angel & the Bad Man" a B&W Film, maybe eight times... It is possibly John Waynes finest work... And the Co-Star, is an Angel!

I doubt there is a single show on telivision, that I would actually enjoy. Really! But, YMMV...

Screen Punched on my iPad 32Gb "air" .... :rolleyes:

philip

Does anyone know of any free/safe sites to watch tv on the internet for free?.. I tried to look up a few,, but all ended up being scams or tried to redirect me to evil virus links...

Does anyone know of any free/safe sites to watch tv on the internet for free?.. I tried to look up a few,, but all ended up being scams or tried to redirect me to evil virus links...
Go here
http://www.primewire.ag/watch-2637755-Blue-Bloods

Use the search function to find your favorite show.
You'll usually be given ten or fifteen links, my advice is to only use Putlocker, Sockshare, VeeHD, and Gorillavid links. Also make sure your ad/popup blocker is working

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top