JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They are NOT mentioning the name, when they show the track a sign conveniently covers the NRA sponsorship sign, and they don't have the sponsor named onscreen.
I think the NRA should demand it's money back!!

I am watching it too. I heard one of the announcers say it was the NRA 500, but I don't see anything on the screen showing the sponsor. It's a cool trophy for the winner though.... a pair of western style six shooters!

I watched it to the finish, it was very obvious FOX was trying to downplay as much as possible the NRA sponsorship. Close ups that carefully avoided the big, on ground banner. Wide, low angle shots that you couldn't really see the logo and even the winner going on past the logo to do his burnout, then, when you could see the logo they cut in to a closeup of the winner and the logo didn't show.
I wrote an email to the NRA and told them they needed to ask for all their money back!!

Be honest, I am a NASCAR fan from birth (part of North Carolina DNA) and every race I have ever watched does not drive the main sponsor very much. Last year during the 600, coke was only mentioned three times. Sprint wants all the attention, they dont really celebrate the race sponsor anymore, too much sponsorship as it is, I liked it better when lowes did not own the CMS, and it was a Winston cup race. I am still upset about NASCAR leaving RJR because the snatchy liberals thinks it promotes tobacco use. And the six shooters have always been the trophy.

Yep, me too, here's the link: Y! SPORTS

It also says the NRA didn't purchase the "premium ad package" so it was run without the graphics and announcements. So, that explains my complaint.

But NASCAR is looking into who they allow to sponsor due to the "controversy" I predict a BIG drop in attendance if they refuse NRA sponsorship in the future!

Yep, me too, here's the link: Y! SPORTS

It also says the NRA didn't purchase the "premium ad package" so it was run without the graphics and announcements. So, that explains my complaint.

But NASCAR is looking into who they allow to sponsor due to the "controversy" I predict a BIG drop in attendance if they refuse NRA sponsorship in the future!

I thought that attendance would drop when they went from Winston to Nextel. It didn't, it got bigger. The sport is not the good ole boy southern redneck racing anymore. Most of your fan base that attend have money, average ticket prices are in the 85-100 dollar range now. In the 80's and early 90's you could get a average ticket to qualifying and the race for about 15 bucks. As a kid, we went to all the races in NC, SC, VA, TN, GA, and FL. And btw, the real money in advertising is the little 200 mph cars running around.

Well Deen you got your wish. After that guy got drunk in a fight and decided to off himself every news story about the race and the suicide has NRA pastered all over it.

Like somehow its the NRA's fault the guy managed to get a firearm into a race track that has a no gun policy and actively searches people and vehicles entering the track.

I thought that attendance would drop when they went from Winston to Nextel. It didn't, it got bigger. The sport is not the good ole boy southern redneck racing anymore. Most of your fan base that attend have money, average ticket prices are in the 85-100 dollar range now. In the 80's and early 90's you could get a average ticket to qualifying and the race for about 15 bucks. As a kid, we went to all the races in NC, SC, VA, TN, GA, and FL. And btw, the real money in advertising is the little 200 mph cars running around.

And the participants are not dumb rednecks anymore either. Dale Jr. earns $26M a year and has a net worth of $300M.

And the participants are not dumb rednecks anymore either. Dale Jr. earns $26M a year and has a net worth of $300M.

I was lucky enough to be on a guided tour of Hendricks Motorsports a few years ago and I was very impressed with their company. The money involved is insane.

No, it brings more fans than NFL, amazing what happens with good marketing. IMO, write NASCAR a letter, I don't think they will care, not one dime

The libs got a hold of the NFL too. Now in order to make the game safer there will be a penalty assessed if the ball carrier lowers his head.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top