JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The things that have gone down in the last twelve months — pandemic that has claimed almost half a million lives, major cities burning from riots, the capitol being rushed, the frozen chaos in the Lone Star State — all have dramatically illustrated this nation isn't prepared at all.

Our so-called, "Leaders", seem to be wearing some fancy rose colored glasses, imagining some perfect world. And imagining themselves to be the anointed ones to bring that world to us all! When in reality they are so high on their own selves that they can't see, or choose to ignore, what's going on on the ground below them.

I thought that i was inured to weird weather from living tn the Great PNW , but Texas really showed me otherwise.
Lightning from one horizon to the other
Hail that smashes whatever it falls on - as in breaking the windows out of all the cars on a lot.
Ice on I-40 so thick I was not driving on the road surface
Rain that floods a parking lot to the point of carrying the cars to the drain

I still loved TX, and wish it had worked out to stay there.

I wonder how many Texans who were making videos of the water leaking in their house or condo / apt knew where the water shut off valves are located. Instead of taking video they should have been shutting off the water. I have made it a habit to know where the gas/water/electric shut offs are in every home I have lived in. You never know when that might come in handy.

I wonder how many Texans who were making videos of the water leaking in their house or condo / apt knew where the water shut off valves are located. Instead of taking video they should have been shutting off the water. I have made it a habit to know where the gas/water/electric shut offs are in every home I have lived in. You never know when that might come in handy.
And have the required tool on hand.

Tool's a great band but whats that have to do with water in Texas.... ;)
I think he's talking about a meter wrench (or similar)

s-l640.jpg

Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT)
What a title !

5 board members set to resign today.
Of course these characters will get the nice send-off "Thank you for your years of service." BS
When all they did was suckle at the teat of ERCOT.

When you read through what happened, there were some incompetent fools in charge of some important stuff.
More heads will roll before this is over.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads