JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't normally wear a watch, (just use my phone). But I'd like to get something affordable and rugged for hunting, shooting and camping.

The requirements are as follows: waterproof, lit or glow hands, light weight, it must have a second hand or counter.

I don't care if its digital or analog but it must be rugged and affordable.
What do you guys use?

I have a Timex (Yes Timex!) that has a flat black body with a black nylon band. It also has a second hand and glow-in-the dark numerals. It only loses about 1 second every 3 months and has taken lots of abuse. The best part? It only cost me $29.99 at Bi-Mart when on sale!

I always keep a cheap timex indiglo for hunting and other active chores etc... The synthetic bands are soft and quiet. They withstand any rain and I dont worry if I scratch it or happen to break it (they are pretty tough too). I have other 'cool' watches I wear for other occasions but these less than $30 timex watches have served me very well for a long time.

I am absolute death to watches. Industrial solvents, impact, vibration,
grinding and welding sparks.

Casio's are the only brand that lasts. Cheap black plastic case/band or
$100 G-Shock--- eventually the welding slag or scratches make them
hard to read or I destroy the band--but they still tell time.

opplanet-wenger-swiss-military-mens-and-ladies-classic-field-stainless-steel-watches.jpg

I have a Timex for work, but for everything else, I have a Wenger Swiss Military Model like the one shown. Metal case, sapphire crystal, glow in the dark numerals, leather band, etc......

You can pick these up at Fred Meyers for around $70. One of the best I have ever owned.

I have a Swiss made Victorinox also, and have owned Timex, Seiko, Movado, among others, but the Wenger is my fave.........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE...WITH THE
INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL
PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY
PROCLAIMING----WOW----WHAT A RIDE!!!"

I don't normally wear a watch, (just use my phone). But I'd like to get something affordable and rugged for hunting, shooting and camping.

The requirements are as follows: waterproof, lit or glow hands, light weight, it must have a second hand or counter.

I don't care if its digital or analog but it must be rugged and affordable.
What do you guys use?
Luminox navy seal. Really accurate, exceptional luminosity, durable, waterproof, lightweight, and a major cool factor to boot. Greydog.

I agree they are much better than a G Shock and many other watches, I've come close to buying one a few times. Just spend my money on other things first lol

Yup. Lifes too short to wear cheap shoes or watches. If you're late due to your water filled non ticking timepiece, will the cost matter? If it means life or death in combat, do you want to trust it to a Timex? Even the Gshock is junk comparatively speaking.

I spend my money on quality ammo, and tires, a good watch falls pretty low on my list.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top