JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This guy dumped this little Bull, Set up his camera on his shooting sticks to get a picture... The next morning when he viewed the pictures he realized he had a visitor while posing....

Picture_015.jpg

Taking a close look at this, the cougar just doesn't look right. I'm thinking photoshop.

I looked at it long and hard myself, I saved it on my computer and blew it up thinking my buddy was screwing around... Look at the terrain and how the feet are bent around the ground, The branch and bush lines all connect...
It looks pretty real...:s0155:

I looked at it long and hard myself, I saved it on my computer and blew it up thinking my buddy was screwing around... Look at the terrain and how the feet are bent around the ground, The branch and bush lines all connect...
It looks pretty real...:s0155:

I'm gonna go not real on this one.

First, notice how much the light from the flash drops off past the hunter, and the cougar appears to be standing in a dark pocket of branches that are barely illuminated, yet the cougar is nice and bright. OK, so you might be able to pass that off as the cougar being brighter than the surrounding and therefor reflects more light... yada yada yada. But

Second, look closely at the shadows created by the Elk's antlers on the hunter. They are on the right side of the antlers, indicating that the flash was just slightly to the left of the lens of the camera. Typical for a Point-n-shoot type camera. Now look closely at the cougar's right front leg (which appears on our left). There's a shadow on the LEFT side of that leg. That could only happen if the flash was to the RIGHT of lens. Unless this was a camera with two separate off-axis flashes, this couldn't happen (plus you'd see two shadows, unless you were in a staged "studio" type shoot).

Sorry, it's a fake, IMHO.

It can happen! I was sitting at the edge of a clearcut for the evening and listening at that part of the sunset where the wind dies and it's almost totally silent. After legal hunting time was over I started the 2 mile hike back to camp. I started ambling back and after 50-60 yards I turned to look over my shoulder like I always do. I just about $h1t myself- a cougar had come up the hill behind me and was licking it's paw and looking at me. Nothing like a close call with a cougar with glowing red eyes from my red headlamp! Now, I've been in the woods since I could walk and have excellent hearing and this guy totally got me. I backed away until around a corner and looked over my shoulder alot until I got back to camp. I told my hunting partner, who scoffed until we were hunting another ridge close by the next day and came across BIG cat tracks a day or two old. He wouldn't hunt there anymore after that. I told him he has nothing to worry about, he always smelled like dogs from letting his dogs climb all over him with his hunting gear on!:s0112:

They say in parts of Alaska a rifle shot is like a dinner bell to grizzly's. But the first thing that tipped me off about the pic being a fake was the way the cat was standing. One would think that a cat would be on his belly, real low in stalking positon, in a situtation like that.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top