Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Watch your backside while hunting People !!!

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by SDR, Oct 13, 2010.

1. SDR

SDR Clackamas County, Oregon Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

This guy dumped this little Bull, Set up his camera on his shooting sticks to get a picture... The next morning when he viewed the pictures he realized he had a visitor while posing....

Picture_015.jpg

2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

:wow::wow::wow:

I thought this was going to be another 'crazy hunter' thread. Amazing!

Keith

3. absoluterik07

absoluterik07 Salem, OR Member

I think I'd poop my pants to turn around and be staring at that so closely!

4. Coalburner

Coalburner Whatcom County, WA Member

Good grief! :paranoid:

5. SDR

10' away,He had no idea it was present until the next AM he saw the picture...

6. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

You can hunt people now!?!

7. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Call PETA immediately! Some cruel person shoved flashlights in that poor cougar's eye sockets! :eek:

8. Decker

Decker My house Active Member

I was just thinking the same thing!

-d

9. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Taking a close look at this, the cougar just doesn't look right. I'm thinking photoshop.

10. SDR

I looked at it long and hard myself, I saved it on my computer and blew it up thinking my buddy was screwing around... Look at the terrain and how the feet are bent around the ground, The branch and bush lines all connect...
    It looks pretty real...:thumbup:

11. pitrow

pitrow Cornelius/Newberg New Member

I'm gonna go not real on this one.

First, notice how much the light from the flash drops off past the hunter, and the cougar appears to be standing in a dark pocket of branches that are barely illuminated, yet the cougar is nice and bright. OK, so you might be able to pass that off as the cougar being brighter than the surrounding and therefor reflects more light... yada yada yada. But

Second, look closely at the shadows created by the Elk's antlers on the hunter. They are on the right side of the antlers, indicating that the flash was just slightly to the left of the lens of the camera. Typical for a Point-n-shoot type camera. Now look closely at the cougar's right front leg (which appears on our left). There's a shadow on the LEFT side of that leg. That could only happen if the flash was to the RIGHT of lens. Unless this was a camera with two separate off-axis flashes, this couldn't happen (plus you'd see two shadows, unless you were in a staged "studio" type shoot).

Sorry, it's a fake, IMHO.

12. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

13. sir-frogman

sir-frogman Prineville Or. Member

"zombie kitty"

14. oasis618

oasis618 Tacoma, Wa Active Member

Oooooo face!

15. SDR

16. alphapygmy

alphapygmy Yamhill County Active Member

It can happen! I was sitting at the edge of a clearcut for the evening and listening at that part of the sunset where the wind dies and it's almost totally silent. After legal hunting time was over I started the 2 mile hike back to camp. I started ambling back and after 50-60 yards I turned to look over my shoulder like I always do. I just about $h1t myself- a cougar had come up the hill behind me and was licking it's paw and looking at me. Nothing like a close call with a cougar with glowing red eyes from my red headlamp! Now, I've been in the woods since I could walk and have excellent hearing and this guy totally got me. I backed away until around a corner and looked over my shoulder alot until I got back to camp. I told my hunting partner, who scoffed until we were hunting another ridge close by the next day and came across BIG cat tracks a day or two old. He wouldn't hunt there anymore after that. I told him he has nothing to worry about, he always smelled like dogs from letting his dogs climb all over him with his hunting gear on!:bluelaugh:

17. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

That's why I get a kitty tag. Kill a kitty, save about 55 big game animals a year. :thumbup::thumbup:

18. alphapygmy

alphapygmy Yamhill County Active Member

I always get a cougar tag now too. But I've only seen 1 since and it ran across the road right in front of my truck last archery season.

19. Demsmine

Demsmine Grants Pass, Oregon New Member

They say in parts of Alaska a rifle shot is like a dinner bell to grizzly's. But the first thing that tipped me off about the pic being a fake was the way the cat was standing. One would think that a cat would be on his belly, real low in stalking positon, in a situtation like that.

20. sava6e

sava6e Portland Member

holy chit!!!