JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You and I have been here before... I'll take people doing Mozambique drills over those not doing any drill or training at all. Perhaps that particular drill isn't realistic, but it does provide for some necessary accuracy vs haphazardly blasting out one shot at a time. I'd prefer a belt to dome drill, but I don't see people practicing that for some reason.

People can do that drill all they want on the cold range, but won't use it in reality.

Same for shooting from retention, people practice it...but no data to support anyone has ever shot that way unless it was bad breath distance. Even then we see people push the pistol out in front of them most often.

Look at the first shot she takes, he's right up on her, she pushes her pistol out and takes the shot. Training or not, the brain doesn't like it, and will over ride.

It's abundantly clear that both women were in grave danger and did what they had to in order to survive. And then they fled to safety instead of standing over the oxygen bandit to finish him off. Now that they've defended themselves and each other, I hope their nightmare doesn't have to continue in court. Any effort by an opportunistic ambulance chasing lawyer to sue them for anything on behalf of the perp/family should be immediately dismissed.

Last Edited:
Cerberus-

Why are you attempting to apply data and logic on an internet forum ?

Challenging long-held notions can get you burned at the stake.

Einstein said it's insanity to plug a guy wearing body armor 18 rounds in the chest and expect it to do anything. pretty sure

Now you and I are getting somewhere.

The conundrum...head shots are great fight stoppers, yet folks whine about how hard it is to do them...yet practice the Mozambique. :confused:

As my signature line states...don't give me excuses why you can't, give me reasons why you can.

Train at which you suck, not what you can stroke your ego.

Keep your shots up...or as I put it to my students; high and tight...nipple high, nipple width. I am more concerned with windage than elevation, as a slight angle of movement of the target reduces the vital area of shot placement significantly...from about 8" down to about half that window.

IPSC targets are horrible for scoring, you get penalized for hitting the area between the head and heart area....ugh! Those are fight stopping hits.

Keep your hits up...high and tight, and you'll have a better chance of defeating body armor...as you don't have much elevation deviation to get above it.

OK, when the adrenaline hits, their small muscle control went South but both of them started out using a thumb over grip, until things got too close and frantic. So they get a 10 for bagging him, without a death on their conscience. Women are like that:) - 2 for not training enough, - 1 for caliber choice. So they end up with a + 7. Not bad for amateurs. Here is hoping that it never happens again. Of course as always YMMV. ;-)

Under the circumstances, they did a great job. Overall, foiled the attempt, got some hits, and they came out without injury.

Hope they pursue some good quality training and better prepare themselves.

There are pros and cons to the video but in the end, these two fought for their life and prevailed.

It's unfortunate in my opinion that the perp didn't take the room temp challenge as he should have for assaulting with a weapon.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top