JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had EPA A-holes (who in the 1980's swore NYC would be under 6-8" of water by 2014) on my former property W/O notice for an unstated reason but it turned out they were planting Canadian Lynx DNA as a means of shutting down, seizing my property. The county Sheriff was very happy to take them into custody and seize their property (They said it was MY property which made it that much easier to get a DNA match from the State Wildlife forensics lab data base).
Where did this happen?

40-55 gallon steel drums and stove pipe make excellent wood stoves with a little effort.

Brutus Out
And they are totally illegal in Orygun

I don't have a problem with that actually. No one has the right to pollute the air, land or water without the permission of their fellow earth occupants.

I don't have a problem with having to buy a stove that pollutes less either.

The problem I have is that the state won't even come up with standards for wood furnaces so they can be tested. That is in essence an outright ban when most modern wood furnaces are less polluting than wood stoves that are allowed.

I am sure the reasoning lies in the difference between wood stoves and furnaces; the wood stove is generally not forced air and isn't hooked up to a forced air ducting system - so fewer people use them for whole house heating.

OTOH, if the state allowed wood furnaces then they fear that a lot more people would use them for whole house heating, and then, even though they pollute less individually, many more people would use them and there would be more pollution. They are maybe right - although I doubt it as wood furnaces are not cheap and most people simply don't want to deal with keeping them going.

When I build my next house, I will set it up such that I can hook in a wood furnace for water heating (I will have hydronic floor radiant heating), and then once the house inspectors approve everything, I will myself bring in a low pollution wood furnace and have it as backup (main source of heat will be solar).

I had to stop reading because I was seeing red halfway through.

I seriously hate what has become of this country. A nasty zombie infection that wipes out all of the east coast (DC included) would certainly be a step in the right direction.

While I love our country and dont wish genuine harm on people, this crap just cannot continue.

Well, maybe we can just wish everyone in DC a really bad case of headlice or something.

I've had EPA A-holes (who in the 1980's swore NYC would be under 6-8" of water by 2014) on my former property W/O notice for an unstated reason but it turned out they were planting Canadian Lynx DNA as a means of shutting down, seizing my property. The county Sheriff was very happy to take them into custody and seize their property (They said it was MY property which made it that much easier to get a DNA match from the State Wildlife forensics lab data base).

You are lucky that the Feds didn't claim that both you and the Sheriff interfered with the Federal employees performance of their duties, and label you a terrorist. This is pretty much what happened to the Hammonds. From what I can tell, the law does not create any exception to address Federal employees improper actions, like faking evidence to justify violating your constitutional rights. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top