JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another shot to the pocket book of rural citizens. But it should tick off a few suburban progressive types too. Everyone that wakes up and smells what's cookin' is a potential vote shifting against invasive government.
After following the link I was amazed to read about the Oregon man given jail time for collecting rainwater! They own the elements now! Just wait for the new wind and sunlight tax coming soon. No more joy in a nice breeze on a bright sunny day I guess.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/man-sentenced-30-days-catching-rain-water-own-property-enters-jail

People are restricted at certain times on the use wood for heat here in the Rogue Valley, but on a clear day you can see huge slash piles the at times fill the valley up with smoke. The government agencies let fires burn in wilderness areas and Crater Lake National park, don't those fires create lots of micron particles and co2.

Another shot to the pocket book of rural citizens. But it should tick off a few suburban progressive types too. Everyone that wakes up and smells what's cookin' is a potential vote shifting against invasive government.
After following the link I was amazed to read about the Oregon man given jail time for collecting rainwater! They own the elements now! Just wait for the new wind and sunlight tax coming soon. No more joy in a nice breeze on a bright sunny day I guess.
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/man-sentenced-30-days-catching-rain-water-own-property-enters-jail

There is a little more to that story than "just collecting rainwater".

E

Yes. They say "diverting water" from the river but by all reports it's all been runoff and rain collection on his property. IMO "diverting" river water would involve excavation and/or construction in or around the river bed itself. Sounds like some more alphabet agency railroading to my ears. Enlighten me if I have been misinformed, please.

If the rain falls on the ground it belongs to the government, if it falls on a collection system you can collect it, from what I understand.

Under Oregon law, all water is publicly owned, including surface water. Oregon also has a long history of established case law regarding water rights.

The Oregon Water Resources Department has a process in place for constructing new reservoirs. That process involves determining if there is any water available for allocation in a given watershed, and more importantly IMO, a comment period where private water right holders can weigh in if they believe that the new allocation might adversely impact their water use. There are some areas in Oregon where waters are fully allocated and no new water rights are being issued.

This guy didn't bother with the process and constructed three reservoirs upstream of neighbors who already had rights to that water.

E

This guy didn't bother with the process and constructed three reservoirs upstream of neighbors who already had rights to that water.

The Bundy clan can dismiss the right of the government to regulate land use of public lands. This gets a lot of support and no legal action. Why can not the same thought process be applied to water rights, as regulated by government?

The Bundy clan can dismiss the right of the government to regulate land use of public lands. This gets a lot of support and no legal action. Why can not the same thought process be applied to water rights, as regulated by government?

I own shares in a irrigation company that was formed over 100 years ago. The company issued shares, one could work for those shares and earn them through physical labor or one could hire a work crew, or just buy shares straight out to get the water that flowed through the ditches that were dug.
Water was regulated down each ditch by a hired regulator. Repairs to the ditch, which occur every year are apportioned to each share, divided by the # of shares, it can get very expensive, but the important part is that it is all a voluntary expense, if you don't want the water, don't pay for it in the yearly fees, sell your shares. This is NOT capitalism per say because it is a closed system. If my neighbor wants to buy my water, that flows off my property, and we reach an agreed upon price; That is capitalism.
The water flows onto the land and into the soil it is absorbed by the roots of vegetation and drawn into the plant stem, out through the leaves via convection and evaporates into the air which causes the plant to process sunlight and minerals into vegetative matter. Animals eat the vegetation, extract the nutrients and expel the high nitrate waste, to include water, back onto the land which regenerates the soil for the next growth cycle. Despite all the money I spend to deliver water to my land the water never accumulates in a single place, it never stays on my property, it always ends up where it started, in a rain cloud that traverses continents, maybe even the globe to fall where it may, yet I buy that water every year and now the Guberment say it belongs to Them.
Why? Because controlling water controls everyone, no rebellion can occur if water disappears from the area in rebellion, sounds impossible? The very heart of Progressivism is to erode rights and supplant the US Constitution with an avalanche of soviet style laws that turn men into serfs, to create a Stalinist America.
When you see someone attack PPL by calling them thieves, bandits, greedy running dog capitalists, keep in mind that it is the con man, the thief, the murderer that is the first, and the last to blame the victim for the crimes he commits!

Last Edited:

Water rights may overseen by a government agency, but in most cases they are privately held.

My family owns property in southern Oregon that has in-stream water rights that were established in 1889.

We went through a situation in the 1980's where an individual upstream from us thought that he could divert water into a flood irrigation system to water his pastures, without an established water right. Whenever he did so, our pumps would run dry.

We approached him first as neighbors, and later through an attorney. Our ultimate recourse was to challenge his use through the OWRD and successfully shut him off.

Without the avenue of having a state agency in place to protect our senior water rights, we would have resorted to dynamite and lever actions to solve the issue Old West style. :D

E

Water rights may overseen by a government agency, but in most cases they are privately held.

My family owns property in southern Oregon that has in-stream water rights that were established in 1889.

We went through a situation in the 1980's where an individual upstream from us thought that he could divert water into a flood irrigation system to water his pastures, without an established water right. Whenever he did so, our pumps would run dry.

We approached him first as neighbors, and later through an attorney. Our ultimate recourse was to challenge his use through the OWRD and successfully shut him off.

Without the avenue of having a state agency in place to protect our senior water rights, we would have resorted to dynamite and lever actions to solve the issue Old West style. :D

E
But your resort was to the State, through litigation, not through the Fed who is controlled by the corrupt Chrony-Congress.
I have stories about how my water rights have hung by a thread for the past 40 years that would shiver the flesh from your bones!
Folks! Keep in mind that if they take the water from the rancher/farmer they are taking food from your mouths, just like Stalin did!

Last Edited:
I had to stop reading because I was seeing red halfway through.

I seriously hate what has become of this country. A nasty zombie infection that wipes out all of the east coast (DC included) would certainly be a step in the right direction.

While I love our country and dont wish genuine harm on people, this crap just cannot continue.

But your resort was to the State, through litigation, not through the Fed who is controlled by the corrupt Chrony-Congress.
I have stories about how my water rights have hung by a thread for the past 40 years that would shiver the flesh from your bones!

True, but in Oregon it is the state that oversees water rights on private and state land. As it should be IMO.

We have one guy downstream that has rights senior to ours (1876ish). Whenever he starts to struggle, we get notice to shut off.

E

True, but in Oregon it is the state that oversees water rights on private and state la. As it should be IMO.

We have one guy downstream that has rights senior to ours (1876ish). Whenever he starts to struggle, we get notice to shut off.

E
The last resort of a free man should be that of The State. The first resort should be that of his spiritual dedication, and that includes the welfare of his neighbors.
If one were to ask "What if one's neighbors are corrupt, what if one's sheriff is corrupt, what if one's judges are corrupt, what if one's Governor is corrupt?
Would not one be describing the current state of affairs?

There is a little more to that story than "just collecting rainwater".

E

Every. Single. Time.

Lets be honest if we are going to use this guys story as a battle cry. He built 3 (maybe more) reservoirs. He wasn't catching rain water from his roof. He had over 13 million gallons. 13 million!

Also, people need to stop spreading the bad information that people cant capture rainwater for use in plumbing as an alternative to state plumbing codes. Matter of fact here's a document complete with pictures that can be found on the state web page, shocker! Like any other building process the state / county requires it be done safely and correctly --

http://www.bcd.oregon.gov/pdf/3660.pdf

Also, you can collect rainwater of your roof too! Just you. Yourself. Do the work, check your zoning and code laws and see for yourself.

Washington here's yours

What's the law on rainwater collection?
  • Under current state policy, property owners don't have to go through the process of acquiring a water right permit to collect rainwater.
  • Currently, rainwater must be used on the property where it is collected, and it cannot be sold or moved off-site.
  • Rainwater can only be collected from existing structures that have another purpose other than collecting rainwater. You cannot build a water collection structure solely for the purpose of collecting rainwater.
  • The collection system cannot impair existing water rights or impact <broken link removed> .

Here is Washington states page as an example. <broken link removed>

Last Edited:
I've had EPA A-holes (who in the 1980's swore NYC would be under 6-8" of water by 2014) on my former property W/O notice for an unstated reason but it turned out they were planting Canadian Lynx DNA as a means of shutting down, seizing my property. The county Sheriff was very happy to take them into custody and seize their property (They said it was MY property which made it that much easier to get a DNA match from the State Wildlife forensics lab data base).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top