JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought these were supposed to be a good thing!
Subject: Fwd: WATCH FOR THE SYMBOL ON YOUR NEW CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS
Good info about your credit card if you don't already know about it.
Subject: WATCH FOR THE SYMBOL ON YOUR NEW CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS
You can also get the thin protective sleeves at AAA (Triple A stores)
For those new instant scan debit and credit cards.
WI-FI SYMBOL ON YOUR CREDIT CARDS

WATCH FOR THE SYMBOL ON YOUR NEW CARDS
Okay, folks... this is VERY important for you to know. You really need to watch this video, and then PASS it on to everyone you know.
Check your newer credit cards for the Wi-Fi Symbol on it. You need to watch the video below to really know why I sent this to you. I read this about a couple weeks ago, and then checked my cards for the little, Wi-Fi Signal Icon, on each one. I found none with that signal on them, but I was determined to watch for it when my cards came in on renewals. Well, yesterday I got my CHASE SLATE card AND THERE IT WAS! My first time to see it. I'll not activate that card after seeing this. I guess I'll go to the bank and see if I can replace it with a non Wi-Fi, Radio Frequency Card? Thought all my contacts ought to see this if you've not already seen this demo...

<broken link removed>

I saw a news clip on this a few months ago. Worked real well for the news guy he did not even make a new card. With the info he was able to use his smart phone and slide it over the reader to pay.

Credit/Debit cards never have been or never will be "a good thing". As far as I'm concerned Diners Club International was the beginning of the end of the US economy and long term future wealth.

If you can't pay for that (gas, corndog and beer etc.) with cash it is time to take a long look at ones income and spending choices!

My .02 <Rant off>

wow,,, crazy.........none of my cards have the rfid chip,, but also,I have been using secure sleeves by shielding technology, for my credit cards for a few years, hope they actually work as advertised..

i always thought that was a risk to begin with. its a lot like the new cars that use the RFID keys you dont even need to press a button to unlock the doors or start the car. if you dont know what im talking about look up high tech car thieves.

I'm earning a bunch of money (% cash back rewards), and airline miles, with every purchase. Every monthly bill that I can put on the card(s) I do.

Of course I pay off the card balance when it arrives. I do NOT carry balances.

That is the key..... don't carry balances.

Credit/Debit cards never have been or never will be "a good thing". As far as I'm concerned Diners Club International was the beginning of the end of the US economy and long term future wealth.

If you can't pay for that (gas, corndog and beer etc.) with cash it is time to take a long look at ones income and spending choices!

My .02 <Rant off>

you realize that credit has existed forever right? That prior to the invention of the credit companies, you got your credit from the people that you were getting goods from, except instead of calling it credit, it was called a "tab". Typically in an agriculture economy for most of the year, most people have very little money, and then in the fall when they sell their crops, they have allot. At this time they then would pay off their tabs with all the local businesses.

the only thing that credit companies did was make it so you have a single source for your credit, and since it is a single source your paying less interest. It is estimated that the typical supply store charged %100 interest per year on credit purchases.

you realize that credit has existed forever right? That prior to the invention of the credit companies, you got your credit from the people that you were getting goods from, except instead of calling it credit, it was called a "tab". Typically in an agriculture economy for most of the year, most people have very little money, and then in the fall when they sell their crops, they have allot. At this time they then would pay off their tabs with all the local businesses.

the only thing that credit companies did was make it so you have a single source for your credit, and since it is a single source your paying less interest. It is estimated that the typical supply store charged %100 interest per year on credit purchases.

Yes I do.... I think there is a huge difference with the trust/tab type credit for those who don't have a regular payroll or conventional timely "paycheck" (That is a need) and Credit companies trolling college campuses phishing for the ignorant or banks, car lots or even jewelry stores offering way more credit than they KNOW SOMEONE CAN AFFORD otherwise why wouldn't net income instead of gross be used for debt/income ratios? (The rest fall in to wants category)

If you are good with paying interest on that corndog more power to 'ya (oh wait, I guess that would be, More power to credit card monsters).

I still use credit in my life too. A trusted friend needs something extra I have? Sure...Take it. I know it will come full circle.

If you measure your worth by your credit score, That's your deal. I choose to live different and have my opinion to go with it. I'm sure there is not debt epidemic or diminishing quality of life going on and our economy is thriving. It is all in my head.
:s0131:

I do have a card with a chip but it's not an RFID chip. It's the smart chip and is compatible with the European systems. By the end of 2015, US merchants are expected to accept the chip and pin security protocol. It's supposed to be a higher security level than cards with magnetic stripe alone.

As far as those that don't use credit cards, I don't think I could live that way. Frankly, I don't know how you would ever book airfare, hotel rooms, and car rentals without credit cards. I guess you could carry large sums of cash with you and then hope for the best when you reach your destination. I'm thinking that it would be pretty embarrassing to not have a hotel room at the next meeting because you couldn't secure a reservation without a credit card. I charge at least 20-30 thousand dollars a year for business travel, but rarely if ever, incur any interest.

I do have a card with a chip but it's not an RFID chip. It's the smart chip and is compatible with the European systems. By the end of 2015, US merchants are expected to accept the chip and pin security protocol. It's supposed to be a higher security level than cards with magnetic stripe alone.

As far as those that don't use credit cards, I don't think I could live that way. Frankly, I don't know how you would ever book airfare, hotel rooms, and car rentals without credit cards. I guess you could carry large sums of cash with you and then hope for the best when you reach your destination. I'm thinking that it would be pretty embarrassing to not have a hotel room at the next meeting because you couldn't secure a reservation without a credit card. For me, I charge at least 20-30 thousand dollars a year for business travel, but rarely if ever, incur any interest.
Debit cards. Still sucks but I haven't found a way around them.

I'm earning a bunch of money (% cash back rewards), and airline miles, with every purchase. Every monthly bill that I can put on the card(s) I do.

Of course I pay off the card balance when it arrives. I do NOT carry balances.

That is the key..... don't carry balances.

Credit card companies don't like you, and their term for those like you, ironically, is 'deadbeat' because they're not making anything off you.

It's not a Wi-Fi symbol, it's an NFC symbol. Stands for Near-Field Communications. If you use a badge that you put next to a reader to open a gate or door, it's doing the same thing. Now as far as using an RFID skimmer to get the necessary information, the only thing it really protects against is "card not present" fraud, like people ordering things online. With the right equipment and persistence, they can duplicate the data and do NFC charges with a counterfeit. Currently it's not particularly cost and time effective to do it, but technology changes.

elsie

Debit cards. Still sucks but I haven't found a way around them.

Having had my bank account drained (temporarily) because someone got hold of my debit card number, I don't use mine anymore. All credit cards for me. I got the money back, but it took a while for the bank to get things straightened out. Not fun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top