Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wastin' away again in Dirty Hipsterville

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trlsmn, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I was in line behind a very smelly hipster today at the store so I though I would repost this.

This song is dedicated to my friend Dubi, because of his rants about the Pearl district Hipsters.

Sung to the tune of Jimmy Buffets "Margaritaville"

Enjoyin' the sponge cake
    As I idly get baked
    My dirty hair, is covered with oil
    Drinking a six pack
    On my second cig pack
    Smell that Ramen it's beginnin' to boil

(Chorus)
    Wastin away again in Dirty Hipsterville
    Searching for why my life, is in default
    I like to claim that it's the economy to blame
    But I know, that it's George Bush's fault

I don't know the reason
    I stayed "WEIRD" all season
    Nothin' to show but half my body tattoo'd
    But they improve beauty
    Cause I'm not a cutie
    But how will they look when I'm 62?

(Chorus)
    Searching for why my life is in default

I rolled up my last pot
    Smoked up some crack rock
    No money for cigs, so I cruised on back home
    But, I've got Oregon Trail Card splendor
    And soon it will render
    That legal tender that helps me hang on

(Chorus)
    Searching for why my life is in default
    But I know, it's George Bush's fault

(Chorus)
    Yes and some people claim that it's the economy to blame

Garg, HollisOR, MarkAd and 3 others like this.
  2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Sorry Trlsmn, but I don't think Weird Al has anything to worry about. :laugh:

Trlsmn and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

I really dislike hipsters.

4. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I am not sure which I like less...hipsters or aging hippies. I just know when either of them cross slowly/lazily in front of my car as I try to turn right on Hawthorne that I have a hard time not letting my foot slip off the brake and onto the gas.

5. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

Clever, Trlsmn.

I guess it depends on where you choose to spend your time. I don't cruise Hawthorne as much as PP, but I do travel around Portland daily for business. Portland is kinda weird. I guess they want to be weird, that's what makes Portland unique...... I guess. Or it's kinda gross if you have to hang out with smelly hipsters. Don't forget their cousin, the not so elusive Naked Cyclist.

6. jedi1354

jedi1354 downtown portland Member

I don't know what I hate more. Hipsters or people who bubblegum constantly about hipsters

7. Trlsmn

Given the choice of listening to someone complain about hipsters and the nauseating experience today of the smell of Patchouli failing to mask strong body odor and unwash rear end, I'll listen to the complaints and make a song. Soap should not be a diverse lifestyle choice.

8. dolooper

dolooper Coast Range, or thereabouts Well-Known Member

About 25 years ago I spilled a bottle of Patchouli in my briefcase. It's a nice, locking briefcase.

Anyhoo, I have my own kid and neighborhood kids around and a wife who isn't super into guns. As a consequence, I have a pretty complex method of securing them that involves getting past multiple locks in order to fire any single gun. Part of that system is that I keep cylinders to my SA revolvers in that briefcase. It also means that, for the first 15 minutes or so, the cylinder retains some of the latent qualities of the briefcase.

If ever you want to see a facial expression that perfectly epitomizes cognitive dissonance, with the furrowed brow and cocked head, simply hand someone a revolver that smells like Patchouli.

9. soulrider

soulrider Aloha/Beaverton Member

If ever you want to see a facial expression that perfectly epitomizes cognitive dissonance, with the furrowed brow and cocked head, simply hand someone a revolver that smells like Patchouli.
    LMAO ........
    from what you guys describe is just about everyone I went to college with, U of O Eugene is full of them.... then again I think any college area is full of them.

10. jim97701

jim97701 Bend Well-Known Member

I make and sell soy candles and tarts and recently started making one called Happy Hippy, Its a combo of Patchouli, Nag Champa and Dragons Blood and been VERY popular, Seriously thinking about adding my Marijuana scent to it and calling it Extremely Happy Hippy LOL.

11. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago, the wife and I went to see a movie at the Century Crossroads theater. A couple of minutes after we sat down a couple of old hippy women sat down about 6 seats away from us. The patchouli smell was so strong we ended up leaving the theater.

12. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

We have a Jerry Garcia wannabe that lives down here at the little town on the coast I live close to that I swear never bathes or shaves. When this fella gets out of his car to head in to the store, if I cant step it up and beat him to the counter, I'll take an extra ten minutes BSing outside about whatever various hunting subject, with just about anybody but him to let the air clear first and avoid that stench! I can appreciate the tune Trlsmn.

13. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Saw one of these stickers the other day so I know at least I'm not the only one...
    456792045v10_150x150_Front.jpg

14. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

Spent 3 hours on the PSU campus today while my daughter had a softball clinic. I dont think UofO has much over PSU on this count.
    Walking in some areas thick with students it smelled much like a barnyard. And I am not exagerating.

15. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

wow... i don't ever experience portland people, just see them from a distance sometimes if i have to go to portland. i had no idea hipsters stink... i figured that was just a hippy thing, with not bathing and not wearing deodorant and so forth. so do hipsters not bathe, or do they simply eschew modern chemicals?

16. HollisOR

HollisOR Rural OR, South of Dallas Active Member

Gotta be careful of the name "normal" it might be mistaken for NORML (Pronounced the same).

Marijuana Law Reform - NORML

17. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

I moved out at 17, And that was a LOOOONG time ago and got away to serve Uncle Sam. And then out to AK, then back to the Oregon coast, I swear buddy,,, their following me:paranoid:!

18. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

AND JUST WHEN I thought you might make it cooking, you go OFF-COCKED & LOADED composing,,omg..

19. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

Using deodorant is just boosh-wah consumerist conformism. Better to save your money for big ugly tattoos to show the world how uniquely conformist you are to being expressively unique. Besides, without deodorant dogs won't sniff your crotch.......................elsullo

20. Trlsmn

Well this was written last year. I'm in writing class now, so lets hope my writing improves. :paranoid:

:bluelaugh: