1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

WASR 7.62 wood stock or Norico MK 90 with a folder?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Remadl700, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Remadl700

Remadl700 Oregon Member

The Romanian is about $50 cheaper. I am just throwing this out for discussion .......I don't care much about the $50 difference, I am just looking for which is a better buy/ weapon.

Update: 12-28 - original furniture and it's a conversion.

Question: this has a third flat rivet. Is that compliant? And is there anything to look for specifically on the Norinco that would indicate a problem or issue with the gun?
  2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Your question is somewhat lacking in information. Is the Norinco an original preban or a converted postban? Is the furniture original or aftermarket? Regardless of the answer, in general, unless its totally trashed, the Chinese rifle is the better buy. The answers to my questions would merely indicate how much better a deal it is.

3. Deavis

Deavis Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

You can not go wrong with the Norinco..... better rifle all the way around.
  4. Nigel_Vertigo

Nigel_Vertigo [REDACTED] New Member

What do you mean by "third flat rivet"? If you mean the rivet where the auto sear pin would be (like the rifle in this thread The AK Forum L.L.C. - View topic - Chinese MAK-90 Contraband "Third Pin" Rifle) stay away from it. ATF declared them to be machine guns and collected some of them after they were sold but a lot are still out there. I doubt anything bad would happen but you might get it confiscated if anyone found out. Mak-90s are great other than that little issue. If you go for the WASR check for excessive mag wobble and canted sights.