JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering what you guys think regarding quality, safety and longevity. I read online some guy went shooting with it after putting 1100 rounds no problem, then out of nowhere, it blew up in his face and he was picking pieces of shrap out all day.
Just scared to death now regarding a possible trade. Thanks!

Prices on other AKs have come down recently, if you wanted you could get a different one for not much more.

I had a WASR, and it worked just fine for me. As long as you inspect it first there shouldn't be a problem.

WASR 10's were built as Low capacity rifles for the commercial market. The importer "opens" the mag well to accept hi capacity magazines.
The receivers have no "Dimples" on each side to "hold" the mag in place, so thy tend to fit "loosely" when locked in the rifle.
The canted sights and mag fit are your biggest concerns... but it's an AK, it will always run.
It's not the most desirable AK, but it will work.
usrifle

Personally, I'd stay away from them and all Century builds. You get what you pay for and the knock on AKs comes from crappy Romanian WASR builds (especially from Century). Just my 2 cents...

I've owned and shot a few AKs in my day...even done a review on the VZ-58 from my time in the service (they're junk btw). The site you posted compares an AMD-65 (another junk AK variant) with a WASR-10. Now, WASR-10s aren't the best of quality or the most accurate. Nevertheless, they are fine rifles. I still own mine and love it....I drag it out everytime I go hunting or shooting.

For the price, they are worth every penny.

*edit*

Also, the Kits are Romanian...Centry makes the receivers. As required by law, a few of the parts must be American made. For you to buy a true imported AK, expect to pay somewhere in the $3K range and up. All WASR-10s except hi-cap mags unless otherwise posted (i.e. if it says it is California compliant or single-stacked only).