JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I asked john snaza on his Facebook about silencers and he said in thruston county you just need to go into the office and tell them you have one.

Why would you do that? What does it do for you? The Mason county sheriff knows I have silencers only because he signed off on my ATF form 1's to make them. I use a trust now, so I never have to get another Sheriff signature again.

Ranb

I don't want to get into a semantics feud, but I would call them suppressors not silencers, as they don't totally silence anything except that of a .22 and that depends on the can being used.

I use the word suppressor in my letters to legislators. Otherwise I use silencer as it is the legal term and differentiates it from flash and recoil suppressors.

Ranb

Why would you do that? What does it do for you? The Mason county sheriff knows I have silencers only because he signed off on my ATF form 1's to make them. I use a trust now, so I never have to get another Sheriff signature again.

Ranb

He was up for election and I wanted to know before I voted for him.

Write to WA CF, WASPC and WACOPS and ask them for an opinion on the silencer use bill. Then ask them to send you an actual letter stating their position. They said they would send one to me, but I have been waiting a month and nothing so far.

Ranb

I got a reply from WACOPS from my August e-mail. They say they are going to SUPPORT the silencer use bill instead of taking a neutral position. This is an improvement. I just hope it does not turn into a police only exemption.

RE: Suppressor use in Washington
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:28 PM

"Jamie Daniels" <[email protected]>

To:
"'Ran B'" [email protected]

Randall,

Our Executive Board met again last week and reviewed this legislation again. It is now recommended that we support the bill. I’ll be talking with you as we get closer to session.

Jamie Daniels

Ranb

Here is a scan of the actual letter that WACOPS sent to me. Feel free to print it out and use it when contacting your legislators. Be sure to remind them that the new silencer use bill is 1016, not 1604.

WACOPSletter.jpg

Ranb

Aw I should have attached that to my letter to my state reps. Is that url location going to be constant to use as a hyperlink to send to them?
RanB, I wish more people would spend time talking about the pros and cons of legislation and being involved with their state reps than how many lumens they need for their tactical HD shotgun (answer is: as many as possible of course duh)

I wish I could have had it earlier too. I was working in New hampshire for 7 weeks when my mail was forwarded to another address. I only got my hands on it over Christmas vacation. It will remain on my photobucket site for as long as it takes to pass the silencer use bill. Feel free to print it out and include it with any letters or use the link in any way you feel is required as long as the letter is not changed at all.

Ranb

I got confirmation from Dunshee that he was appreciative of the support of him for supporting this legislation, as well as a nice note from Representative Hope. So fingers crossed.

Nice work, Ranb. Remind me to buy you a beer/soda/water someday.

I think Pedersen will give it a hearing in committee and send it to the House floor where it will pass. Then it is all up to Senator Kline. I am trying to meet with him or his policy adviser. If they like it, then it is likely it will pass. I have high hopes, but I am a novice at politics.

If you want a silencer, buy it or make it now. If bill 1016 does not pass, I will keep fighting to make silencer use legal in WA until May 2023. I retire/leave the state then and will never be back, unless MG, SBR and SBS are also legalized. :)

Ranb

I think Pedersen will give it a hearing in committee and send it to the House floor where it will pass. Then it is all up to Senator Kline. I am trying to meet with him or his policy adviser. If they like it, then it is likely it will pass. I have high hopes, but I am a novice at politics.

If you want a silencer, buy it or make it now. If bill 1016 does not pass, I will keep fighting to make silencer use legal in WA until May 2023. I retire/leave the state then and will never be back, unless MG, SBR and SBS are also legalized. :)

Ranb

It would be worth seeing if there are some bills that Klien is trying to push through right now that don't affect gun owners but might benefit from a public offering of support. A little horse trading might be in order.

Here are the bills that Kline is sponsoring. <broken link removed>

Ranb

Interesting set. Not really too hard to support a couple of those (or all, even, although I've only read through the first two.)

I could see 5019 being a tough one for him even though it shouldn't be. It may be worth asking him if there's a bill he's supporting (like 5019 for example) that he's meeting resistance with current bill sponsors that we could reiterate our support to his bills to see if we can get positive momentum.

May not be necessary, but my suggestion would be to consider offering up pushing to support via letter writing campaign one of his pet projects. Maybe it'll help, and maybe he'll be willing to see the value of quid pro quo in this regard.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top