JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While we here in WA have had a lot of our Sheriff's publicly come out against I-1639 and other anti-gun legislation, one of the organizations they belong to (Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs) has been supporting of anti-gun legislation.

Look at the below documents and you will see that the WASPC Policy Director, James McMahan has been testifying in support of anti-gun bills:

I find this infuriating, as it sends the message that these bills are good, especially since law enforcement endorses them.

We might want to reach out to our pro-gun Sheriffs and Police Chiefs to ask them wh7y they support the constitution, yet support an organization that doesn't.

Ray

Ray, I can't get any of the links to load....

Dan

Weird, they all load for me.

What I attached are the links to the "Bill Reports", under the "Available Documents" section of the bill page:

bill page.PNG

bill report.PNG

Washington State Legislature

Ray

For me it says more about the type of leadership these police bring. They probably aspire to be politicians and their current position is just a stepping stone.

For me it says more about the type of leadership these police bring. They probably aspire to be politicians and their current position is just a stepping stone.

For some Police Chiefs, I would say that's definitely true, but as we all know, the Sheriff's are already politicians.

The more I look into this, the more I think that the organization itself is anti gun. This guy: James McMahan is a paid lobbyist for the WASPC- JAMES MCMAHAN | accesshub
So basically, he get paid to support anti-gun bills and gives the bill the appearance of legitimacy, as the optics is that the organization consisting of all WA Sheriff's and Police Chiefs support it.

Here's one that he/the WASPC was lobbying for last session:
A bill before lawmakers would outlaw concealed carry on private property | Bothell-Kenmore Reporter
James McMahan, policy director for the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs spoke in favor of the bill, but said it needs an amendment to protect law enforcement officers who carry firearms and enter private property in the line of duty.

Ray

Last Edited:
While we here in WA have had a lot of our Sheriff's publicly come out against I-1639 and other anti-gun legislation, one of the organizations they belong to (Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs) has been supporting of anti-gun legislation.

Look at the below documents and you will see that the WASPC Policy Director, James McMahan has been testifying in support of anti-gun bills:

I find this infuriating, as it sends the message that these bills are good, especially since law enforcement endorses them.
We might want to reach out to our pro-gun Sheriffs and Police Chiefs to ask them wh7y they support the constitution, yet support an organization that doesn't.
Ray
Don't waste your time to bother King Co sheriff...

Ray
They have chosen their side, out with them, never to be in law enforcement again. (If only it was that easy).
Unfortunately I see a war we have lost already, we are slowly slipping down the slippery slope and the only thing to change this fact is an armed confrontation, nobody wants to hear it but its been said. Gun ownership is worth fighting for, and if we don't stand together on every single point then we are divided, and clearly we are divided and will fall. Only people who stand together will make it in this battle and people have far too many differences too overcome to stand on the issue of a Pro 2A America.
Ghost guns are the future, but in the next 5yrs will most likely be banned in the style of bump stocks, In your best interest, because your not to be trusted with even a vote.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top