JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Looks like we might be getting a new ammo maker in my area. It would be cool if they posted some information here so we can support a local business.

<broken link removed>

5/25/10
Port signs lease with ammunition manufacturer
Insurance settlement will pay for remodeling

By Dawn Feldhaus
Post-Record staff

A manufacturer of hunting ammunition is expected to move into the Port of Camas-Washougal Industrial Park in August.

Washougal River Cartridge Company has signed a five-year lease to locate in Building 10, which will be remodeled. During the first year, the company will pay $2,110, plus 12.84 percent leasehold tax, per month.

Washougal River Cartridge Company plans to start with two full-time and two part-time employees, according to Port Planning and Development Director Scot Walstra. Building 10 has been vacant for 31/2 years, since Advanced Drainage Systems expanded its operations and relocated its corporate office to Vancouver.

In December 2008, a frozen pipe broke causing a water leak and damage to part of the building. The port has received an insurance payment of $110,000 to repair the damage. That money, as well as budgeted funds, will be spent to re-roof and remodel the building to include partial office and light manufacturing space.

The port received 13 bids for the remodeling project. Larry O. Collins, Inc., of Vancouver, was the apparent low bidder ($177,200 plus 8.2 percent sales tax), as approved by the port commission during its May 18 meeting.

We are opening for business later this month, possibly as late as early january. we will be loading new and remanufactured ammunition in several major calibers from the start; both rifle and pistol.

We are opening for business later this month, possibly as late as early january. we will be loading new and remanufactured ammunition in several major calibers from the start; both rifle and pistol.

Welcome to the site. I'm glad you found this thread. There are lots of potential local dealers and customers here that would like to hear more about your company.

Let us know when you get more info.

PB

Thank you for your interest, We have been focusing on product processes, and load development for some time now, there are a few final details that will fall into place this month. After they are complete we would love to talk about WRCC with anyone.

Thank you for your interest, We have been focusing on product processes, and load development for some time now, there are a few final details that will fall into place this month. After they are complete we would love to talk about WRCC with anyone.

WR Cartridge Company: Are you still in business? Your web site lists prices as $0.00 and you haven't responded to my email (via your web site) last week about over pressure loads in the 147 gr FMJ . I've had 2 blown primers with severe damage to the case heads (the one round shot over a chronograph registered over 3000 fps), and am going to basically junk the remaining ammo I have; pulling the bullets and saving cases that don't have numerous dents and dimples.

I received this reply this evening, which is encouraging. I am eager to see this business succeed, and this suggests they will do what is necessary to correct the problems:

"We have not had any issue with our 147gr .308 up until now, we had a head separation on a piece of .308 match ammo recently though.
I would prefer to inspect the cases for OAL prior to tearing down and recharging, they will be charged with 45gr of military powder, I am traveling so I don't have access to the USGI load data, but if I can recall it would be in excess of 46gr.
I would like to make you satisfied with our product, I can give you a refund, or a pulldown and inspect, and reload."

Kenjo,
I sent a reply last week once I received your e-mail, I would like to inspect the product, we stand 100% behind out product and desire to make you and everyone else that buys our ammunition completely satisfied with it. Please send me your contact info to [email protected]
Thank you,
John

Also we have stopped posting our pricing online as we are looking into a new method of web presence.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads