JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been waiting 11 days for the FFL paperwork to return so that I can pick up my gsg 1911from Tropic Pawn. This was a private sale. I have a concealed weapons permit and used to be a deputy. No arrests. No felony issues. Not even a misdemeanor. No domestic complaints (married fr 52 years) and no mental health issues. However, I am a conservative and a Marine veteran. This is what happens when liberals run your state government. I can just imagine some bureaucrat sitting in their cubical thinking that they are somehow protecting society from violence. The world has gone crazy!

From one ex-LEO to another.

I_m_From_The_Govt.jpg

YES, I still find it funny. :D

BTW, those admin types did not appreciate my anti-gun control views. :eek: Course, I was an LEO in Hawaii. Where being a Dem is sort of a family tradition/given.

NOT ME, of course. My mother and father were not amused at all.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
At this point I'm almost willing to pay for an expedited background check. Slippery slope, I know.

Last Edited:
Nobody, not even the antis who voted for these unconstitutional laws, believes that it makes anyone safer. It is quite simply a campaign to make it as difficult to own a gun as possible. Nothing more.

I have been waiting 11 days for the FFL paperwork to return so that I can pick up my gsg 1911from Tropic Pawn. This was a private sale. I have a concealed weapons permit and used to be a deputy. No arrests. No felony issues. Not even a misdemeanor. No domestic complaints (married fr 52 years) and no mental health issues. However, I am a conservative and a Marine veteran. This is what happens when liberals run your state government. I can just imagine some bureaucrat sitting in their cubical thinking that they are somehow protecting society from violence. The world has gone crazy!
Get used to it. Best you can do now is get "known" at a local shop. Then at least after 10 Business days they can let you have your stuff. Last one I bought paid for on 8/31, on 9/19 he told me come get the thing. He still has not gotten the proceed from the Sheriff, but they know us well. Just wait till the next big rush. :mad:

Call them and ask about it. That is what I had to do. You may even need to contact congressman or state senators in your area. That is what I did. Took a while but it worked. Details as needed.

You can pay more and expect more but I assure you that whenever government is involved at any level the results will be slow. I think that it should be privatized.
Great idea but nobody will want to do it because of the liability for that one bad egg that inevitably sneaks through. LEO's are exempt from any liability by law so they can get away with it but Acme Background Checks will fold with the 1st lawsuit.

Great idea but nobody will want to do it because of the liability for that one bad egg that inevitably sneaks through. LEO's are exempt from any liability by law so they can get away with it but Acme Background Checks will fold with the 1st lawsuit.
Not if the state grants a liability waiver. In Arizona, virtually all the auto licensing and titles are handled by a private sector business, even though the state has a licensing division.

I have been waiting 11 days for the FFL paperwork to return
..... This is what happens when liberals run your state government.
+1
Just spent an hour at the range with two brothers from New Jersey. The one has been waiting for eleven weeks to get the Handgun Permit back to buy another pistol. You read that right - 11 weeks! You have to get one permit for every handgun you purchase.

Nobody, not even the antis who voted for these unconstitutional laws, believes that it makes anyone safer. It is quite simply a campaign to collect fees from citizens and show them who's boss.
Fixed it.

Not if the state grants a liability waiver. In Arizona, virtually all the auto licensing and titles are handled by a private sector business, even though the state has a licensing division.
Except that this is guns we are talking about. The anti-gunners's boogie monster. List like they rave that only police should have guns, they'll say only police should do the bgcs.

I suggest you get your own FFL. It will make life simpler ALL around. I applied for mine and had it in three months and that included my Bride failure to include the Finger Print Cards the first time around.

That plus any "gotcha" violations in a byzantine system turn you into a prohibited person.

That is the part that does concern me at times. Like the examples in that video the law Professor did on not talking to Police. That one section where he gave a prime example of a Federal law no one in the class had ever heard of. Then mentioned there is thousands of them just like that. Seems to be seldom used but, if someone decides to go after you for some reason? Scary crap there.

The hold-up is with DSHS!! Not the Sheriff's office!
Interesting.
The story I got from my LGS was that Clark County Sheriff's Office had no one to process the BGC's. That was why it took a month and my forms being sent to them three times before I got my P365.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top