JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys! I'm trying to get educated on the can & cannots and had a question.
If I drove to OR what would I need to purchase a handgun and/or Rifle?
I'm just curious. I know it's a 10 wait period regardless out here.

You cannot transfer / take possession of a handgun in Oregon. It MUST go thru an FFL in Washington State if you're a Washington resident. For a rifle, you need your ID and you'll fill out the 4473 just like any other purchase. Oregon does not (yet) have any waiting periods. Our background checks are done thru the Oregon State Police, who handles the NICS check. You could have instant approval, could wait in the que, or get a delay just like anyone else.

I was wondering the same thing. So a Washington resident can drive down to Oregon to buy an AR15 over the counter, same day, providing the BGC clears the same day? If one holds a CPL out of Washington does it speed or affect the transfer in any way? Same is true from other states such as Nevada or Idaho?

Are private party transfers of rifles/shotguns without an FFL legal in Oregon?

Washington residents can buy long guns in Oregon. Handguns require FFL transfer to a WA FFL. WA resident CANNOT purchase a handgun in OR.
Washington CPLs mean nothing in OR.
Private transfers require an FFL running a BGC in OR and WA.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top