Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Washingtonian in Maine

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FWest, Jan 1, 2011.

1. FWest

FWest USA New Member

Just stumbled across this site looking for information on heavy loads for the 9MM.
    I'm from NW Washington now living in Maine, I miss the mild, short winters and hope to return some day.

2. dude young

dude young SE PDX Active Member

Hey, Fwest. Welcome! I used to live in Central NH, near Winni. Not sure how long you've been out there, but, start ice fishing. It helps with curbing the insanity. That, and you can always occupy your mind plowing snow and feeding the wood stove. Where-abouts are you living? Interior or Down-east? I miss lobster. Really miss lobster.

3. FWest

FWest USA New Member

Thanks for the Welcome. I'm in Southern Maine and I have plowed snow here for 16 years. I reload and cast boolits, just got back from shooting as it is a strangely warm day. I have not tried ice fishing yet. Maybe this year, a buddy has been trying to convince me to give it a go.
    I had never had lobster untill I came to Maine, now I can take it or leave it. A good ribeye would be another story.

4. olyshoots

olyshoots Vancouver USA Member

Welcome to the forum!

5. mattg521

mattg521 portland.,or Member

mmmmmmhhh.....Lobster!!!!!!

6. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

Welcome from Oly Wa. I use to live in NH and went to Maine about 6-8 times a year. Where in Maine are you at?

7. FWest

FWest USA New Member

8. dude young

dude young SE PDX Active Member

Say Hi to the Georges for me next time they're in town!:D

You shop at KTP much? I have done a little business with their gun dept. Pretty freindly crew.

9. FWest

FWest USA New Member

It was a nightmare when he was in office and came to town, streets closed, detours. Life had to stop for the locals because he wanted to go fishing with Pops.
    Yes I have shopped at KTP. It's them and Cabelas for reloading components or online. Just picked up a used Ideal mold 358311 and some large Lyman handles at KTP last weekend.

10. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

RIBEYE yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Welcome

11. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

Oh the upstairs of TKP and the Weathervane across the street. I getting my butt on a plane if you guys don't stop! :cool:

12. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Welcome. I'd take both the lobster and the ribeye. Both are delicious.