JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Heyo everyone!

I've been MIA a lot this last year+. I've just been really, really busy. That's partly why I'm here now. In an effort to de-stress my life, I'm moving once again. I've been in Oregon for so long now, and I seem to have lost touch with other states' gun laws. We're in the process of purchasing a home in Washington, and as a former (still presently) Oregon resident, what should I know about Washington gun laws that might affect me, coming from Oregon. The good? The bad? I'm fully aware I'll need to apply for WA concealed once I'm a resident. I expect to be working in the Portland area and want to get my OR CHL again. What can I expect from that? Any complications? I didn't do a single search on previous topics about this...I know the lot of you get fired up about this and will have plenty to say.

Thanks all!

(PS I'm expecting to actually get more than 7 days off in a year and half now. Expect to see me back out at cleanups and volunteer events.)

Washington State makes the rules in the state so cities cannot make specific laws to override the state laws. You can look it the rules on Washington state if you want to see where you can and cannot carry, Schools are off limits and I believe outdoor concerts are off limits too. I know the city of Seattle tried to limit carrying in public parks but they were overruled by the Washington State Supreme Court since the state makes the gun laws,

I have not been to Oregon for a while does Oregon allow the cities to make their own gun laws so it varies city to city?

Washington State makes the rules in the state so cities cannot make specific laws to override the state laws. You can look it the rules on Washington state if you want to see where you can and cannot carry, Schools are off limits and I believe outdoor concerts are off limits too. I know the city of Seattle tried to limit carrying in public parks but they were overruled by the Washington State Supreme Court since the state makes the gun laws,

I have not been to Oregon for a while does Oregon allow the cities to make their own gun laws so it varies city to city?

Yes unfortunately if your open carrying

Heyo everyone!

I've been MIA a lot this last year+. I've just been really, really busy. That's partly why I'm here now. In an effort to de-stress my life, I'm moving once again. I've been in Oregon for so long now, and I seem to have lost touch with other states' gun laws. We're in the process of purchasing a home in Washington, and as a former (still presently) Oregon resident, what should I know about Washington gun laws that might affect me, coming from Oregon. The good? The bad? I'm fully aware I'll need to apply for WA concealed once I'm a resident. I expect to be working in the Portland area and want to get my OR CHL again. What can I expect from that? Any complications? I didn't do a single search on previous topics about this...I know the lot of you get fired up about this and will have plenty to say.

Thanks all!

(PS I'm expecting to actually get more than 7 days off in a year and half now. Expect to see me back out at cleanups and volunteer events.)

All the above that been mentioned - you can go into the restaurant but not the bar if they are connected.

Should be no problem getting your WA or OR CWP/CHL other then time and money.

All the above that been mentioned - you can go into the restaurant but not the bar if they are connected.

I forgot about the bar within the restaurants. I
Washington seems a bit better about self defense/standing your ground.

For now it is but I am not sure about Washington State in the future:

Washington attorney general proposes assault weapons ban

State is still full of liberals and they constantly try to push for taking away gun rights.

We have made progress in the recent past with Silencers and SBR's that have only been legal here for a short while now, but all these mass shootings lately is just fueling the anti-gun agenda.

You can go into any bar/restaurant combo area as long as minors are allowed. Bar only and no kids--don't go, Applebees for a burger in the restaurant section no problem. Obviously, courthouses, Federal offices & facilities whether or not the building is owned by the Feds, locked psych hospitals. State prohibited areas like court houses, have to provide lock boxes (by statute).

Watch the progress of draconian bills submitted by our likely next governor, AG R. Ferguson. They probably won't get out of committee but they are a set up for a voter initiative with the Seattle area "progressives" and Bloomberg, Gates cabal will push with $$ just like the did with 594. Consider Idaho.... as Dylan said "you don't need a weatherman to tell which way the wind blows"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top