JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All! I was just wondering about the Laws in Washington State regarding suppressors, I'm 18 and looking to buy a Ruger 10/22 and would like a suppressor but don't know anything about the laws surrounding them... Any insight would be helpful!

Thanks!

i am seeing reference to 18 yrs of age but am missing the 21 somewhere. must need better glasses or read slower. any help would be appreciated. r-

i am seeing reference to 18 yrs of age but am missing the 21 somewhere. must need better glasses or read slower. any help would be appreciated. r-

Sorry I stand slightly corrected. Per Federal law and the 1968 GOPA the only thing a person 18-21 years old can purchase from an FFL is long guns. NFA items, Handguns, receivers/"other" have to be sold to 21 or over, again done at an FFL.

Now if you can find a private sale (yes it is legal but still have to fill out the Form 4 and submit it) on a NFA item or you choose to build your own (Form 1) you can do that when you are 18-21. I am not sure about OR law but it is the same way with handguns in WA.

This is the closest link I could find with "direct" information in it on a quick search, <broken link removed> Problem is many of these laws are not all in one area or easy to find. If you have lots of time and can read though legal vomit here is the source of most of the Federal information, http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2001-title27-vol1/content-detail.html

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top