JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am moving there to Washington this month, and it seems there is a rolling 25 year limit on smog, anything over 25 years old does not need to be smogged.

So my simple question is what year is not the newest vehicle that no longer needs to be smogged? I am guessing 1986, but would like to confirm that.

Jim

I know it also depends on the county you live in. I know my county has no emissions check to get registered, but the next county over does.............

I am moving there to Washington this month, and it seems there is a rolling 25 year limit on smog, anything over 25 years old does not need to be smogged.

So my simple question is what year is not the newest vehicle that no longer needs to be smogged? I am guessing 1986, but would like to confirm that.

Jim
Washington Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program - FAQ

For licenses that expire in 2011, odd model year vehicles 1987 through 1995 and even model year vehicles 1996 through 2006 need to test before licensing.

thanks, I had looked at that site but did not see that, I only found the 25 year rolling exemption, I am bringing up a 1986 Vanagon and would like to avoid having to smog it. I have put a Subaru motor into it and that just causes nothing but problems when it comes to smogging....

Looks like 1986 is free and 1987 is the first year effected...

You should be fine.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top