JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The CMP has the best pricing on M1's period. Over the years the cost has continued to go up just like everything else. On the open market expect to spend about $1k on a good Garand. You can buy a nice quality (Service Grade) M1 from the CMP for under $700. If you want a nice project, the field and rack grades are hit and miss but are still okay. Just don't expect to win any marksmanship badges with one of those.

CMP availability of rifles varies over time

I guarantee if a militia isn't started as some undercover FBI/DHS sting, it will most definitely be infiltrated and observed for any crime that can be made public and against the 2nd amendment. I'm not even clicking the link.

and you don't think they are on here :s0140::s0140:

One around here in Hillsboro/Aloha area?
The only reason I shy away from the militia aspect is there seem to always be a "leader" who wants to command the free-to-come-and-go militia men. If I was to join a local militia here in myneck of the woods names and personal info on my part can't be given. The reason being; if ever our gov did round us up we'd all know next to nothing about each other, our day jobs, what our cache of firearms consisted of and most importantly where we live. I think if all personal info (even names) was omitted I'd feel more comfortable.

I think the idea of every city/county having a militia is fantastic! Sharing ideas, info on medicine, mechanics, electrical, hunting, aviation, radio operation..etc Also note, if ever there was a local natural diaster, blood or food drive it'd be great to have a local militia show up and donate time, blood, food or know how. For one it'll confuse the liberal media and sheeple because they can't fathom that militia men and women aremore than just firearms advocates and peppers, but it would also get like minded neighbors intrigued and involved.

That's just my .02
So if anyone does know of a "come as you please (yet yet semi organized) militia" in the Aloha/Hillsboro area in Oregon let me know.

But I agree with the OP and pro militia folks on here, militias are a good thing as well as a positive networking opportunity.

One around here in Hillsboro/Aloha area?
The only reason I shy away from the militia aspect is there seem to always be a "leader" who wants to command the free-to-come-and-go militia men. If I was to join a local militia here in myneck of the woods names and personal info on my part can't be given. The reason being; if ever our gov did round us up we'd all know next to nothing about each other, our day jobs, what our cache of firearms consisted of and most importantly where we live. I think if all personal info (even names) was omitted I'd feel more comfortable.

See my signature for the very reasons you mentioned. Just imagine... 100's of dudes going in 100's of directions at once, randomly, repeadedly, and compartmentalized.

Short of carpet bombing an entire region to erradicate everyone at once, no force on earth could handle it effectively w/o heavy casualties or a serious blow to public relations... Just sayin'.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top