JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there a minimum distances from other houses, roads, etc. you need to be on your own private property to discharge a firearm? Assuming of course it is leagal in you city & county to discharge a firearm outdoors. I thought this was covered in the Wash State hunting regs but can't locate it now. Just wondering if some land we are buying out east is large enough to plink on. Thanks

Is there a minimum distances from other houses, roads, etc. you need to be on your own private property to discharge a firearm? Assuming of course it is leagal in you city & county to discharge a firearm outdoors. I thought this was covered in the Wash State hunting regs but can't locate it now. Just wondering if some land we are buying out east is large enough to plink on. Thanks

I think it's by county. Kitsap is 5 acre minimum with an acceptable backstop to prevent the rounds from leaving your property.

Read the 1st sentence:

1) What is recreational target shooting? Recreational target shooting is the use of a firearm or bow and arrow on targets and the sighting in of rifles or other firearms on department-managed lands. The department regulates and enforces target shooting on department-managed lands.

This adminisrative rule applies only to department managed lands, not private property.

There is a map for Clark County that shows the firearm restricted areas. It can be found on the Clark County Sheriff's website.

I've never seen anything regarding minimum acreage for shooting.

There is a map for Clark County that shows the firearm restricted areas. It can be found on the Clark County Sheriff's website.

Couldn't find it on the Sheriff's site but I found a Firearms "overlay" on the GIS Maps Online. Not sure if I could explain how I found it though - it's buried. ;)

Couldn't find it on the Sheriff's site but I found a Firearms "overlay" on the GIS Maps Online. Not sure if I could explain how I found it though - it's buried. ;)

Use this link:

<broken link removed>

Turn on "Administrative Boundaries" under "Current Map" (top toward the left), the go to the left side panel and click the box that says "Firearm Restrictions". You can then see the whole county or enter a specific address under the "Find Parcel" tab. It takes a little getting used to, but it is a pretty interesting tool.

Use this link:

<broken link removed>

Turn on "Administrative Boundaries" under "Current Map" (top toward the left), the go to the left side panel and click the box that says "Firearm Restrictions". You can then see the whole county or enter a specific address under the "Find Parcel" tab. It takes a little getting used to, but it is a pretty interesting tool.

Thanks!

It's the same map I found under layers but yours seems like the "proper" way to do it. Looks like I'm safe for now and from any "planned" future annexations too! ;)

I think it all depends on your county. Think safety and noise complaints. Those are usually the reasons for "no discharge" restrictions.

Where I live, everyone shoots on their own property unless they live down by town (20 miles away for me). I don't think there is any written restrictions in Okanogan Co, execpt you cannot shoot across a public road (and that is a F&W rule).

I think it all depends on your county. Think safety and noise complaints. Those are usually the reasons for "no discharge" restrictions.

Correct, each county establishes designated shooting areas. Here is the info for Pierce County, while it doesn't point out shooting areas it does give a bit of info:
<broken link removed>

Hej M1gunr. Looks like Pierce county needs to ammend their 9.30.20 (silencers/suppressors are now legal) and 9.32.50, the sheriff cannot just destroy any confiscated/abandoned weapon. both contrary to state law. State law says only automatic weapons can be destroyed, and then only afer a judge says so, the rest must be sold at auction to FFL's.

Use this link:

<broken link removed>

Haythrower where do i find this website search tool?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top