JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i just got my CCL, and i have been reading up on where i can and can't carry. some of the info has been contradictory. from what i gather, i cannot carry at..
-College/k-12 campuses
-Jails, courthouses, and asylums (duh)
-airports (double duh)
can anyone tell me anything i missed or should change? plus any other legal tips, thanks!

Nothing stands out to me.

Its good to think about how other states differ so you dont make a mistake when you travel.

I have a hard copy handbook with all the states regs. I just saw this the other day. Might not be a bad deal.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ccw-concealed-carry-50-state/id443321291?mt=8

If I traveled much, that would be a good way to spend $1.99;)

As far as k-12 campuses you can cc while picking up or dropping off children but may not enter the building.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.280

Same for college campuses, drop off and pick up is ok to carry.
So i just got my CCL, and i have been reading up on where i can and can't carry. some of the info has been contradictory. from what i gather, i cannot carry at..
-College/k-12 campuses
-airports (double duh)
can anyone tell me anything i missed or should change? plus any other legal tips, thanks!

Not just asylums but ANY mental health facility.

You CAN carry in a restaurant even if it serves alcohol as long as you do NOT go into the 21+ only areas (the bar).

You CAN drink while carrying but it is highly unadvisable.

Side note - if it isn't part of all the above and there is a sign that says no firearms, it's up to your discretion to follow that or not. The MOST they can legally do is ask you to leave if they see the gun.

Any place that produces over half of their income from alcoholic drinks.

That is False unless you can cite the code for us.

(Every Restaurant makes more money from alcohol sales then food - that $10 drink costs them about $1.50, your $20 meal costs them $12+.)

So what are the gun free zone compliance laws? And are places like malls, theaters, stadiums off limits as well?

Unless specifically mentioned in the RCWs like outdoor music festivals, private property owners may only ask you to leave if they find you carrying. It is not illegal to ignore a sign banning guns on private property but you can be trespassed if you do not leave when asked.

Also WA state preemption prohibits individual municipalities from enacting ordinances more strict than state law though Seattle thinks otherwise.

You cannot carry anywhere minors are NOT allowed. If you go to Applebees you can sit in the dining side, not the bar side

-College/k-12 campuses
-airports (double duh)

re: airports *sterile* areas are verboten. common areas are generally okay

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads