JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bill isn't the ban, those are SB 5050 and HB 1348. This one (and it's companion bill SB 5444) requires registry of and a license to possess any semi-automatic firearm and standard capacity magazine.

Ray

Anything that changes a RIGHT into a PRIVILEGE (via registry, BGC, etc...) IMO is a BAN.... YMMV.

Then again I guess it could be argued that firearm rights in Wa.St. (Or too) were lost sometime ago and this is yet another narrowing of that privilege which is continually withering away towards what everyone would call a BAN.

Is this about semi-auto rifles or handguns too?
Will all this effect a resident of Idaho with the enhanced cc permit that is accepted by WA? Will we be required to have a WA assault weapon license and registration now, if we are carrying and enter WA if this idiocy passes?

Anything that changes a RIGHT into a PRIVILEGE (via registry, BGC, etc...) IMO is a BAN.... YMMV.

Then again I guess it could be argued that firearm rights in Wa.St. (Or too) were lost sometime ago and this is yet another narrowing of that privilege which is continually withering away towards what everyone would call a BAN.

Honestly, gun ownership hasn't been a right since 1934.

Ray

Is this about semi-auto rifles or handguns too?
Will all this effect a resident of Idaho with the enhanced cc permit that is accepted by WA? Will we be required to have a WA assault weapon license and registration now, if we are carrying and enter WA if this idiocy passes?
it includes semi-auto handguns as well, and any weapon with a threaded barrel.

From my first reading of the linked bill...It seems that the use of said described firearms are only permitted in "legally operated firing ranges". No mention is made to using them on public lands, (except for hunting) in fact it seems it has been deliberately excluded.

From my first reading of the linked bill...It seems that the use said described firearms are only permitted in "legally operated firing ranges". No mention is made to using them on public lands, in fact it seems it has been deliberately excluded.

Well, if they are not permitted to be used in homes, etc, doesn't that make it like the UK?

The idea that your "locked home" is not considered secure storage if a CRIMINAL breaks in and steals your weapon(s) YOU can be charged with a felony for a THIEF STEALING your property from your home. UN F'n BELIEVABLE!!

From my first reading of the linked bill...It seems that the use of said described firearms are only permitted in "legally operated firing ranges". No mention is made to using them on public lands, (except for hunting) in fact it seems it has been deliberately excluded.

Well, if they are not permitted to be used in homes, etc, doesn't that make it like the UK?
Yes.
This is right out of the UK Gun Control playbook.

The idea that your "locked home" is not considered secure storage if a CRIMINAL breaks in and steals your weapon(s) YOU can be charged with a felony for a THIEF STEALING your property from your home. UN F'n BELIEVABLE!!

The only thing I can come up with on that one would be to disassemble your receivers from their uppers and store them securely apart. That way it would be harder to make a case that a functional firearm was stolen (unless they find those as well).

Wanna bet that Kate has this draft posted over her nightstand ?

I am hoping that OFF and NRA are already looking at this draft as hard as we are and are planning a tangible counter-effort.....but not holding my breath.

Sad to see but not at all surprising, there is no provision at all for licensed security people and non-commissioned investigators to carry 10+ rounds in a threaded barrel pistol nor anything to allow carrying an AR.
The irony here is that the Washington State criminal justice training commission (CJTC) certifies folks like us to carry AR's on the job and mandates that we re-qualify every year. But this bill would make carrying the CJTC-certified weapons on a jobsite a felony.

And the recent WA law allowing use of Suppressors necessitates the use of a threaded barrel to USE the devices, but this proposed law would ban the threaded barrel itself, wouldn't it? Even though you pass an NFA screen to own the suppressor?

How about them apples?

And did you notice their definition of "secure storage"? The container must not be able to be pried open. What safe company out there can honestly advertise their products as "CANNOT be pried open"?!

Washington residents need to tell their representatives to sit and spin

I've been a hemorrhoid for them for many years, nothing will change until we vote em out or wake up the Fudds!!!

People, it is now time to leave the "I just want to be left alone" attitude and get MAD because they will kick our azz and take away our rights if we don't.
The sad part if we do in fact stop this crazed legislation is that the Anti-gun groups will get them on the ballot through an initiative and they will get passed like I594!!!
We need to wake up and roll up our sleeves and rally and kick some azz of our own!!!
:s0137:

It matters a lot less whether you stop this legislation, than whether you disobey it if it passes. You can be a man even if you lose a legislative battle, but not if you submit to enslavement.

Most of these feel good laws come up from Kalifornia mentality. Oregon falls in line with Washington. The whole west coast is going liberal. I would move, but I'm too damned old. It is hard living north of "Sodom by the Sea", Seattle.

Washington residents need to tell their representatives to sit and spin

We have been telling them for years and they listened. They somehow think that they have the heavy hand with a majority since Trump kicked Killary in the cooter... Today I left Olympia feeling like all gun owners were kicked in the cooter, not a good feeling to have your elected officials defy the Constitution and gloat!!!
We need to keep a watchful eye on these proceedings and pounce when there is mischief happening.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top