JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry to ask a question (actually two) that must have been answered previously, but my searches haven't born any fruit so far...

I'm an Oregon resident and considering a rifle purchase from a private individual in Vancouver. I know that this has to go through an FFL. My first question is does the FFL need to be in Oregon, Washington, or does it matter for a rifle?

Second question is based on the answer to my first question. I work in Vancouver so would be looking for an FFL willing to do the transfer in or close to Vancouver. I'd appreciate reccomendations.

Thanks in advance for your help.

With a long gun it can be an FFL in either state.

Not to hijack the thread but... :)

So, as an Oregon resident, you can purchase a long gun in any state and bring it home with you? This is the impression I've been given but I've never tried. Also, is an AR considered a handgun or a long gun?

3MTA3 I just bought a Shotgun from a guy in Vancouver I am an Oregon resident. I storongly recomend Joe at Crossroads Arms in Vacouver to handle the transaction. He's a Kitchen table FFL had a very reasonable rate for the transfer and no charge for the BGC. Whole thing only took as long as the paper work took to fill out. And a very pleasent guy to chat with. You can find him by doing a google search for Crossroads Arms

So, as an Oregon resident, you can purchase a long gun in any state and bring it home with you? This is the impression I've been given but I've never tried. Also, is an AR considered a handgun or a long gun?

Yes under Federal law you can purchase a long gun in ANY state but only at an FFL. The long gun has to be legal in both states. Some states may have more restrictive state laws.

Well an AR rifle is considered a long gun. An AR in any other configuration would either be a handgun, other, AOW or SBR, none of which would be legal to buy out of state.

ATF Online - Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Unlicensed Persons

3MTA3 I just bought a Shotgun from a guy in Vancouver I am an Oregon resident. I storongly recomend Joe at Crossroads Arms in Vacouver to handle the transaction. He's a Kitchen table FFL had a very reasonable rate for the transfer and no charge for the BGC. Whole thing only took as long as the paper work took to fill out. And a very pleasent guy to chat with. You can find him by doing a google search for Crossroads Arms

Thanks, Mark, I'll look Joe up if things work out!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top