Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Washington Resident with CPL and Oregon CHL Buying in Oregon

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by fyremaster, Sep 22, 2012.

1. fyremaster

fyremaster Vancouver, WA New Member

Hello,

Could anyone tell me if it works differently if you have a CPL and CHL and buy a handgun in Oregon? Do you still have to ship to a Washington FFL?

Thanks in advance!

2. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

Yup. Federal law prohibits out of state handgun sales

3. fyremaster

fyremaster Vancouver, WA New Member

That's kind of what I figured. Thanks for the info. Kind of rediculous since the background checks are federal.

4. Bajablast

Bajablast Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Not sure about Washington, but I bought a handgun from a Washington resident. He brought the gun to my FFL in Beaverton,Oregon and we basically did a face to face through the FFL. He handed it to the clerk, they did a background check on me, when it cleared, I paid the seller, paid for the BG check and fee, and walked out with my new handgun.

Others on the board here may be able to tell you if you can do that in Washington--having the Oregon seller meet you at your FFL for the sale/transfer.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

5. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Yes, bajablast, that is legal, since the transfer goes through the FFL. The FFL essentially takes the firearm into inventory and resells it to the new owner....and fills out all the State/Federal forms and all.