JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Washington Post: Senators Near Deal on 'Universal Background Checks'

Notice the coordination between Democrats at the national level and those in the states working to attack from all angles the 2nd Amendment. The Feds are handling the push for registration (which is what this essentially is, just read the article) and the individual states (like Oregon with HB 3200) are picking off the other pieces they want. This is the greatest threat our freedoms have ever faced.

We must all seriously step up our efforts make sure to call your senators and congressman every day next week and call the speaker of the house and senate minority leader also write them we must do everything we can to block this

It's interesting that if you have a concealed carry permit, you will be exempt from universal checks.

The article made it seem like they were trying to come up with some reporting system though so you may be exempt from the check but you might still have to send in your paperwork (register) your sales

Face it. The Left and the RINO's want a registry. They are using Sandy Hook as an emotional club against anyone opposed. Obviously Murray and Cantwell will roll over in a heartbeat. Will there be enough Blue Dog (the Dems call them Moderates) and real Republicans to hold them off? Hope so, but I have watched the Rupublicans cave so often in recent years I question whether they have the balls to hold out. Both Nationally and here in WAshington it appears the Republicans are naive - or I think stupid - enough to believe a National Backgroung Check System won't lead to a registry. Fools. Sure they will excempt CPL's and Family at first, but next year they will come out with "...in the name of gun safety..." rhetoric and change it to everyone. Of course they want a registry so they can gradually outlaw guns one type at a time along with raising fees and licenses along the way. What part of this don't the Republicans, like Hope here in Washington, not get?

I have really grown to despise McCain. I am actually glad he lost in 2008 as he would have been only a little better than Obama, but the republicans would be rubber stamping every garbage idea coming from him.
It too bad that he got re-elected to the senate, I really hoped Hayworth would beat him.

Face it. The Left and the RINO's want a registry. They are using Sandy Hook as an emotional club against anyone opposed. Obviously Murray and Cantwell will roll over in a heartbeat. Will there be enough Blue Dog (the Dems call them Moderates) and real Republicans to hold them off? Hope so, but I have watched the Rupublicans cave so often in recent years I question whether they have the balls to hold out. Both Nationally and here in WAshington it appears the Republicans are naive - or I think stupid - enough to believe a National Backgroung Check System won't lead to a registry. Fools. Sure they will excempt CPL's and Family at first, but next year they will come out with "...in the name of gun safety..." rhetoric and change it to everyone. Of course they want a registry so they can gradually outlaw guns one type at a time along with raising fees and licenses along the way. What part of this don't the Republicans, like Hope here in Washington, not get?

I think Murray and Cantwell will support whatever comes up but that doesn't stop me from calling and writing. If they hear from thousands of us and only a handful of they other side then maybe, and I realize its a big maybe, they won't vote for it. I know its a slim chance but I won't go down without a fight. Plus maybe if enough of us call and write they might say something to other dems and those in red states worried about re election might not vote in favor of anything if they hear all senators are getting a lot of calls.

It only takes a minute so please call and write if you really think it's a waste of time at least call the speaker of the house John Boehner and senate minority leader Mitch McConnel(sp) if they hear from enough if us we have s chance if them not bringing it to a vote

Kable you're right. I still write both the few guys who are with us like Jay Rodne as well as the clowns who are either confused RINO's like Hope or just against us as are Cantwell and Murray. I use Ruger, Hodgon and the NRA/ILA to send automated letters. I also go to at least one actual website to write an individual note to one of my reps. It surprised me, but when I have called the Staffer answering have each responded they have seen my e-mail. Whether that's good or bad is anyone's guess, but they did hold a conversation with me. I big surprise has been my Democratic District rep who has responded personally to a couple of e-mails. I know he's new and maybe idealist> He seems to have drank the kool-aide and believe the Sandy Hook tragedy means he's expected to do something, anything. I realize we can't give up. I'm frustrated because some people way above me appear to feel we may loose anyway and now they want to compromise starting with a National/State Background Check System. I believe that is just wrong!

I think Murray and Cantwell will support whatever comes up but that doesn't stop me from calling and writing. If they hear from thousands of us and only a handful of they other side then maybe, and I realize its a big maybe, they won't vote for it. I know its a slim chance but I won't go down without a fight. Plus maybe if enough of us call and write they might say something to other dems and those in red states worried about re election might not vote in favor of anything if they hear all senators are getting a lot of calls.

It only takes a minute so please call and write if you really think it's a waste of time at least call the speaker of the house John Boehner and senate minority leader Mitch McConnel(sp) if they hear from enough if us we have s chance if them not bringing it to a vote

There is NO chance that they will ever change their minds about any gun-control issues, it is a done deal for them!!!

It would be nice if gun owner votes were enough to get rid of those two.

It would be nice if gun owner votes were enough to get rid of those two.

They might be the problem is there are still fun owners who vote for these fools and Obama and think they won't go after their gun rights I really hope this massive push wakes them up I personally don't ever vote for anyone who might be for any kind of gun control

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top