JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
An interesting article in the Washington Post, with a glaring error. It makes you wonder what else they got wrong!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...1d590a-349c-11e5-adf6-7227f3b7b338_story.html

Quote from this article (Bold to highlight the error):

Handgun design has not changed much in hundreds of years. That's a point of pride for most gun manufacturers.

"Made in the USA since 1852," Smith & Wesson boasts on its Web site. Samuel Colt began making pistols in 1836. Beretta was founded in Italy in 1526. Sturm, Ruger (1949) and Glock (1963), both popular Austrian companies, are the new kids on the block.

I guess the names Sturm and Ruger sound Austrian to the reporter that he didn't feel it was necessary to determine that they were really an American company. :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised at the ignorance on display...Geography isn't taught much in schools these days.

You missed one...
"Handgun design has not changed much in hundreds of years. That's a point of pride for most gun manufacturers."

Hard to imagine that handgun design hasn't changed much since 1815 or that there's a gun manufacturer that makes it a point of pride that they haven't improved their designs or materials since they started, or that there isn't a new manufacturer that's opened their doors since 1963??

Apparently the ignorant idiot that wrote this article actually believes that because " since 1852" appears on S&W's ads that the gun designs being advertised and sold today actually existed in 1852...or worse, he thinks Beretta...(489 years ago )l hasn't had a new design either.

I was also unaware that all the 1911's suddenly started falling apart and shooting crooked.

Reads like a sour grapes hit-piece because Beretta is leaving and going to TN.(GASP>>>SHUDDER>>>EEEK)

No surprise here.
It's pretty common for me to be reading an article or watching the News and they happen to be talking about something I accidently have a bit of knowledge or experience with.
Scary how often they get it wrong on major details.
What else is the MSM getting wrong through ignorance, lazy reporting and sometimes/often bias?
Be skeptical!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top