JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, a "progressive" in the Oregon Senate added an amendment (poison pill) to the bill that would keep concealed handguns out of schools and other public areas. The bill died. So, no reciprocity.

For those that like the Utah alternative...I say why? UT is more expensive, you have to have their aproved "training' etc etc. WA permit can carry in quite a few states, and if you mostly travel in OR and WA. Neither WA or UT are recognized by NV so you would have to OC in NV anyway, both are recognized in ID, and CA is like OR, they don't recognize anyone.

For those that like the Utah alternative...I say why? UT is more expensive, you have to have their aproved "training' etc etc. WA permit can carry in quite a few states, and if you mostly travel in OR and WA. Neither WA or UT are recognized by NV so you would have to OC in NV anyway, both are recognized in ID, and CA is like OR, they don't recognize anyone.

UT is recognized in more states than WA. If I were to do things again, I probably would get the WA and AZ permits. The AZ one looks like it is recognized in NV and NM. I'm going to do a bit more research and will get one if NV recognizes it.

I have an Oregon CHL and a Washington CHL. I'm a resident of Oregon. The Washington process was quite simple. I just went into the Vancouver courthouse and asked at the front desk. They take it from there. You fill out a form, get fingerprinted, and pay your money. I think it was $55.00. The license took about 5 weeks to arrive in the mail. Washington does not provide a plastic photo ID card CHL like Oregon does. All you get is a paper license that you have to fold and keep in your wallet. The Washington license is good for 5 years.

I didn't run into any bad PD attitude in the Clark County courthouse. Everybody was quite nice. It may go a little faster in some smaller town though.

I do wish Oregon and Washington would get past their pissing contest and just honor each other's CHLs.

I am an Oregon resident, and In Klickitat County WA ( Goldendale is the county seat) I walked it, got fingerprinted, she called for a background check, and I walked out with my Washington concealed carry permit in under an hour ! No waiting 3-4 weeks, same day service! It was just a piece of folded card stock, like others have said, but the lady in the sheriff's office told me about a general store two blocks away that would laminate it for like $1.50, so I walked there directly from the court house and had it done! The entire process took under 1.25 hours! Very friendly people to boot!

UT is recognized in more states than WA. If I were to do things again, I probably would get the WA and AZ permits. The AZ one looks like it is recognized in NV and NM. I'm going to do a bit more research and will get one if NV recognizes it.

You are correct. AZ permit is good in NV and NM. Links below.

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

AZ issues a permit not a license so your address is not listed on it like OR and WA license. I looked into UT permit but I live in WA and also have a home in AZ and wanted to support the local economy. You have to get training (class) for AZ permit and training has to take place in AZ. I think they will do exemption for active military. -G

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top