JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The wife and I both have our Oregon CHL's and are wanting to go over to Washington to apply for their CPL... Do you know if the Washington online form is the same for both in state and out of state, or do they have different paperwork for out of state?

Here are the forms that I found online..

<broken link removed>

I would just like to get a jump on the paperwork if possible...

Thanks in advance...
jg

That form is the one (regardless of the state of residence). I went back in the end of January to get mine from Clark County. Parking was a royal pain, but everyone was very nice. It only took about fifteen minutes. They told me the permit would take the full 60 days as I was an Oregon resident. I received the permit in the mail in about 10 days. YMMV.

That form is the one (regardless of the state of residence). I went back in the end of January to get mine from Clark County. Parking was a royal pain, but everyone was very nice. It only took about fifteen minutes. They told me the permit would take the full 60 days as I was an Oregon resident. I received the permit in the mail in about 10 days. YMMV.

huh, they took the full 60 with me. kind of annoying, but whatever. I now don't have to lock up my piece before I hit the border anymore. Hopefully with the reciprocity bill going the the OR legislature we won't have to renew :D I would almost hold off if you can until after the bill is decided. Could save you some cash if thats the case and WA and OR reciprocate on permits.

I thought I was lucky. Maybe whoever processed mine forgot about the "hold on to for an obscene amount of time after hearing back from NICS and before sending out" step. :)

True. I was also debating just skipping Washington, and going for a Utah permit, but just about all of my travels where I could carry are covered by the OR/WA combination. It'd be cool not to have to renew; I'm sure that reciprocity would actually the OR permit useful in a variety of other places, and potentially get more Pro 2A folks to spend their tourist dollars in our state.

huh, they took the full 60 with me. kind of annoying, but whatever. I now don't have to lock up my piece before I hit the border anymore. Hopefully with the reciprocity bill going the the OR legislature we won't have to renew :D I would almost hold off if you can until after the bill is decided. Could save you some cash if thats the case and WA and OR reciprocate on permits.

That would be nice so I wouldn't have to renew my OR permit again!!

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

My wife was going to be starting night school in Vancouver in May, so I was kind of in a hurry, but it looks like she will be going to school in Oregon so we can hold off.. Hopefully the reciprocity bill will go through so I can quit pulling my magazine and chambered round half way across the bridge... I am getting pretty good at it though, I can drop the magazine and unload the gun with one hand now... They should put that challenge on the new Minute to Win it show, I would be a shoe in.. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top