JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
PS: Making threats against the president is stupid however these things can be taken out of context. Remember Ted Nugent's comments some months back getting more attention than they deserved due to his politics. Furthermore, if having a gun on your person when the FBI enters your home and finding "materials that could be used to make explosives"........... I think I know a few people who would be in trouble. :s0093:

<broken link removed>

Federal agents in Washington state have arrested an armed man accused of making threats against President Obama.

U.S. Secret Service agents and local law enforcement officers descended on the suspect's apartment complex in Federal Way, Wash., on Tuesday afternoon, sources said. The man, armed with at least two weapons, confronted the officers, who swiftly subdued him and took him into custody.

Secret Service Assistant Special Agent in Charge Bob Kierstead told local ABC News affiliate KOMO that suspicious items found in the man's apartment -potential explosive devices - prompted a sweep of the entire complex by a bomb squad.

Obama, who was campaigning in Ohio at the time, did not appear to be in immediate danger.

"A threat against the president was delivered via email to a general FBI inbox," said Cathy Schrock with the Federal Way Police. "The Secret Service went down to investigate and the defendant was found to be armed when they arrived at the apartment."

The suspect, whose name has not been released, is currently in federal custody and will have an initial court appearance Wednesday afternoon, sources say.

Something smells fishy here!

If the guy reloads his own ammo, there is a good possibility that he would have a bottle of powder or two in his Apt.

So, there is a very good possibility that the FBI is blowing things out of proportion here. (no pun intended)

Is sending a letter threating Obama a stupid thing to do? Of course it is. But ask yourself something here. Why would anyone send a letter threatening Obama to the FBI?

Who's word do we have on this? The FBI's? Would you trust anything they would say?

Before Ruby Ridge, I might have. Since then, to grab a quote from "The Raven"..

never more

If the guy reloads his own ammo, there is a good possibility that he would have a bottle of powder or two in his Apt.

So, there is a very good possibility that the FBI is blowing things out of proportion here. (no pun intended)

Is sending a letter threating Obama a stupid thing to do? Of course it is. But ask yourself something here. Why would anyone send a letter threatening Obama to the FBI?

Who's word do we have on this? The FBI's? Would you trust anything they would say?

never more

Seems to me that the guy made it very easy for the FBI. He sends them an email, they look up his IP address, they show up at his door. Doesn't seem all that fishy to me. Be a pretty easy thing to prove if he did or didn't send the email.

never more

Uhhh.....Ruby Ridge was the BATF not the FBI. Waco was the BATF not the FBI. Yes, something ALWAYS smells fishy when it comes to the Feds. NEVER believe ANYTHING the Feds tell you. It is not in your best personal interest to be told the truth.

Actually, read the book "Cold Zero" and you will find that the FBI HRT was also at Waco. The author is one of the team's snipers.

They very well might have been there. But it was a BATF operation from the get go. Why would a hostage response team be involved when there were no hostages in the first place. The BATF bit off more than they could chew so they burnt everything to the ground to hide ALL of evedince.

Lon Horiuchi of FBI HRT was at both Waco and Ruby Ridge with the team.
On another note - the unnamed suspect was armed in his own residence - no surprise, I would guess that most here are armed or have immediate access to a firearm in their own home. Also, they said after finding "potential explosive devices" which lead to a sweep of the entire apartment complex by a bomb squad. I wonder how far the search went - did they search his appartment and the common areas of the complex or did they actually search all of the apartments under the guise of public risk? sounds a bit overblown but who knows - he may have had detailed maps of the complex and multiple actual explosive devices, or he might have just had a box of ammo that they called "potential explosive devices"...

Uhhh.....Ruby Ridge was the BATF not the FBI. Waco was the BATF not the FBI. Yes, something ALWAYS smells fishy when it comes to the Feds. NEVER believe ANYTHING the Feds tell you. It is not in your best personal interest to be told the truth.

BATF was involved but so was the FBI and where do you think the lies originated for BATF to take up the Weaver case? Who was the Sniper who shot Randy Weaver and killed his (armed only with a Baby) wife and her son employed by?

When you can answer those questions correctly you will fully understand that the FBI was the root problem.

BATF was involved but so was the FBI and where do you think the lies originated for BATF to take up the Weaver case? Who was the Sniper who shot Randy Weaver and killed his (armed only with a Baby) wife and her son employed by?

When you can answer those questions correctly you will fully understand that the FBI was the root problem.

I should provide a few supporting citations, so here are a couple:
Ruby Ridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In this one you will find
At the subsequent federal criminal trial of Weaver and Harris, Weaver's attorney <broken link removed> made accusations of "criminal wrongdoing" against every agency involved in the incident: the FBI, USMS, the <broken link removed> (ATF), and the <broken link removed> (USAO) for Idaho.

<broken link removed>
In this one you will find
The following day, Aug. 22, <broken link removed> sniper Lon Horiuchi fired perhaps the most controversial bullet of them all, the shot that killed Vicki Weaver, standing in the doorway of her cabin with an infant in her arms.

The FBI took over Waco right after the initial BATF bungle. The FBI was responsible for the outright immolation deaths of the men, women and little children at Waco.. those responsible are 1st degree murderers who got away Scot-free... so far

Lon Horiuchi is also a 1st degree murderer who is currently on the lam

Wonderful, when they're not wasting taxpayer money on hookers, the imperial schutzstaffel wastes yet more money going after people who express their disdain for the dear leader.

I found a smiley online that would be great to add to our list. It's a tinfoil hat wearing smiley with a detector of some kind. How do we go about adding smileys to the official smiley list ??

Moderators??

Also, my 3rd grade English teacher is rolling over in her grave due to my last posting spelling error.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top