JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This may be hard to defend..........

<broken link removed>

Arlington man accused of killing burglar

ARLINGTON — The Snohomish County sheriff's office says an Arlington burglary victim turned into a homicide suspect when the body of the burglary suspect was found in a field.

By The Associated Press

ARLINGTON — The Snohomish County sheriff's office says an Arlington burglary victim turned into a homicide suspect when the body of the burglary suspect was found in a field.

The sheriff's office says a 38-year-old man was booked into jail Wednesday night for investigation of murder.

The body of a 25-year-old man had been found earlier Wednesday by a neighbor.

On Monday the 38-year-old man had reported he saw a man running out of his house and that some of his wife's jewelry was missing. The 38-year-old called later that day and said he saw the suspect again.

Neighbors later told investigators they heard gunshots Monday afternoon and that the homeowner said he had fired warning shots.

Stolen jewelry was on the dead man's body.

It seems we hear about this too often, but I want to find out about the guys that defended their home and didn't get thrown in jail for doing what they should.
At least the guy isn't going to rob anyone else.

In a lot of these articles it sounds like the "good guy" makes the decision to shoot when not in immediate danger...I.e. when the bad guy is running away.

I would still like to thank this guy, and spit on the guys grave who robbed him.

It seems we hear about this too often, but I want to find out about the guys that defended their home and didn't get thrown in jail for doing what they should.
At least the guy isn't going to rob anyone else.

In a lot of these articles it sounds like the "good guy" makes the decision to shoot when not in immediate danger...I.e. when the bad guy is running away.

I would still like to thank this guy, and spit on the guys grave who robbed him.

You callous bubblegummer. The thief could have been rehabilitated and would have probably spent the rest of his life hugging puppies and carrying groceries for the elderly!:rolleyes:

You callous bubblegummer. The thief could have been rehabilitated and would have probably spent the rest of his life hugging puppies and carrying groceries for the elderly!:rolleyes:

Sorry I really should think back to my sensitivity training.

Then again he was probably drop kicking puppies and pushing my grammy down to steal her walker.........

Rehabilitation......You funny guy!

He'll probably plead out to Man One or Man Two, which when you think about it isn't bad for something that could probably get a conviction under Murder Two.

well, I suppose it will come down to establishing where the shots were actually fired, and, if possible where the perp was at that time. If he was IN THE HOUSE when shot, but was not downed by the shots, then tried to run away, the homeowner may well have a solid defense. If the guy was out in the yard running for his life (understandable....) and Homeowner fired on him in his retreat, it will go very badly for him. Also, from what direction was the guy shot... INTO the front of the chest, or in the back.... coming toward, or going away? Critical questions, and we don't have the info on those. Not knowing more, it could easily go either way........ maybe Homeowner is a rotten shot, hit him in the chest but not near enough the heart to stop him, whilst he was attacking toward him...... then the perp turned and tried to make it away, made it to the field and dropped.... jewelry in possession.

One thing IS clear.. his scumbag thieving days are over. Trouble is, he also may well have ended the days at liberty of his victim. We shall see......

To my way of thinking, it would be good for burglars to start thinking that more home owners are armed and that the crooks' lives may be endangered by breaking into someone's home. If the burglary profession becomes too dangerous, these scumbags may start looking for another line of work.

well, I suppose it will come down to establishing where the shots were actually fired, and, if possible where the perp was at that time. If he was IN THE HOUSE when shot, but was not downed by the shots, then tried to run away, the homeowner may well have a solid defense. If the guy was out in the yard running for his life (understandable....) and Homeowner fired on him in his retreat, it will go very badly for him. Also, from what direction was the guy shot... INTO the front of the chest, or in the back.... coming toward, or going away? Critical questions, and we don't have the info on those. Not knowing more, it could easily go either way........ maybe Homeowner is a rotten shot, hit him in the chest but not near enough the heart to stop him, whilst he was attacking toward him...... then the perp turned and tried to make it away, made it to the field and dropped.... jewelry in possession.

One thing IS clear.. his scumbag thieving days are over. Trouble is, he also may well have ended the days at liberty of his victim. We shall see......

If he shot the guy in his house and the guy ran out to die in a field, the homeowner should have reported the shooting and let the police know what to look for - and *probably* would end up with some charges, but less than he's going to face. If he shot him in the house and dragged him to the field, he's screwed. If he shot him in the field, he's screwed. And that's just the criminal charges. Let's not even consider the civil suit from the relatives of the slain individual which'll likely follow at some point.

Things like this don't hurt gun owners as a whole, IMO, but it certainly does put scrutiny and clarity on how the laws are written for defense of home and property, which affect everyone.

The burglar got what he deserved. Although personally I think both hands being chopped off would have been better punishment. Don't steal!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top