JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, the investigation was politically motivated, but USCCA's attempt at pretending it was not selling insurance was not going to fool even a blind man. They got nailed on generally applicable insurance laws because they did not have a license to sell insurance.

The entire situation is bogus. I can understand that they got popped for not having a proper license, which IMO shouldn't have been denied in the first place.

I guess I'm still bitter about them being kicked out of state

If they get a license to sell insurance then they can come back, and comply with the same insurance laws as everyone else.

Problem is they hold up the application process long enough to "administratively move" the goal posts for licensing requirements to deny a license, then conveniently "administratively move" them back again shortly afterwards.

Prove me wrong. o_O

Last Edited:
When asking USCCA about continuing a paid subscription to Concealed Carry Magazine, I also asked if USCCA was doing anything to make full membership once again available to Washington residents. I got a quick reply that not only helped me keep my subscription alive, but also addressed the insurance situation. I'll paraphrase the response from the Kyle at USCCA:

USCCA is aggressively searching for a Washington-friendly path to full membership for Washington residents, and we appreciate your patience as we work with the state of Washington for an approved solution.

Nothing of substance there, of course, but that's more than I've heard about it from them during the last 12 months.

But wait, a more wordy and slightly more informative follow-up just came in from Tanya at USCCA. This again was provided to me with the understanding that I would be sharing the update with interested firearms owners. As before, I'll paraphrase the reply:

In regards to our continued efforts in the state of Washington: Earlier discussions between USCCA and the State of Washington Insurance Commissioner's Office reached the current resolution; USCCA is not selling any new USCCA memberships in Washington. However, USCCA is diligently working on a membership delivery structure acceptable to the Washington Insurance Commissioner. We are hopeful that in the very near future we can present that model to the Commissioner's Office and that Washington residents will once again be able to enjoy the full benefits of USCCA membership.

Wonder what is Washington's position for out of state residents who purchase USCCA or CCW Safe memberships and then travel to WA?
That was also sort of covered in another part of the reply I received from Tanya at USCCA:

"USCCA's agreement with the State of Washington Insurance Commissioner's office does not have any impact on USCCA members who are not residents of Washington State."

My take on this is that the WA Insurance Commisioner's beef with USCCA focused on selling insurance in WA without being registered (approved?) by the WA Insurance Commisioner. The discussions apparently didn't address (or deliberately ignored) USCCA coverage of non-resident USCCA members traveling within WA.

Another win for dangerous criminals. Also another blow against living in a free state. Finally, proof of what government thinks about you. The belief that responsible gun owners have a vigilante death wish.

How can that person honestly serve the people when he clearly has contempt for them? He can't. The fact he says it out loud shows it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top