JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No. If a pistol crosses state lines in needs to go through an FFL.

The same as if you were to drive to OR and try buying a pistol.

They would have to pick it up from an OR FFL.

That's good to know.
I wanted to buy a pistol up in Washington and I have a WA CPL. Thought maybe I could get around the Oregon transfer and just do the WA one.

Thanks again

The WA state CPL only exempts the 'waiting period' requirements of purchase. You must be a resident of WA in order to purchase a handgun and walk out of the store with it... minutes or days later depends on a CPL (and NICS).

That's good to know.
I wanted to buy a pistol up in Washington and I have a WA CPL. Thought maybe I could get around the Oregon transfer and just do the WA one.

Thanks again

Sorry, for some reason I assumed you were a WA resident.

Now, you can cross into WA and buy a long gun, show your WA CPL, go through the paperwork, etc, and walk out of the store with it in your hands. That is for long guns only.

Pistols have to be driven/shipped to an FFL in your state.

:s0155:

Sorry, for some reason I assumed you were a WA resident.

Now, you can cross into WA and buy a long gun, show your WA CPL, go through the paperwork, etc, and walk out of the store with it in your hands. That is for long guns only.

Pistols have to be driven/shipped to an FFL in your state.

:s0155:

Did Washington add a waiting period for long guns?

As far as I know, if you have your WA CPL, you fill out the proper forms, wait a few minutes for it to go through the system, once approved you pay your money and walk out with the long gun.

As an Oregon resident I bought a long gun from a store in Washington a few years ago cash and carry with only my Drivers License. I was wondering if the handgun waiting period was extended to long guns recently.

As an Oregon resident I bought a long gun from a store in Washington a few years ago cash and carry with only my Drivers License. I was wondering if the handgun waiting period was extended to long guns recently.

I believe WA I-594 (effective Dec. 2014), and OR SB941 (effective May 2015), put a stop to buying long guns like that. :(

If you take your OR drivers license and CPL to WA and want to buy a long gun, you must fill out the paperwork, show your ID's, and wait a few minutes for the system to process everything. Once approved, you pay for the long gun and walk out with it.

If you go to WA to buy a handgun, it must be shipped to an OR FFL. Then you go to that FFL in OR, fill out the paperwork, show ID, etc, etc.

To answer your question "I was wondering if the handgun waiting period was extended to long guns recently".... My guess is if you do not have a CPL you will have a waiting period thanks to WA I-594.

in WA there is no waiting period to transfer or purchase a long gun. The CPL is not used to purchase a long gun. It is a concealed pistol license, of no use in purchasing a long gun. If you have a CPL just leave it in your wallet when purchasing a long gun, the dealer does not want to see it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top