JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Used to go to the WAC shows periodically, even though it was an hour drive or more to Puyallup.

I've gotten some good buys at guns shows in the past - including 4 bullpups and a number of other rifles I wanted at the time.

I went to a few expo shows after I moved back here, at first they were ok, then they just got worse and worse. Haven't been to one in years. I went to one in Hillsboro, small, but ok.

Just doesn't interest me anymore - sad really; I used to look forward to it. Pretty much anything I want now I can find online and do much better research on it with regards to price and whether I really want it - or not. Ammo especially is much easier and cheaper to get online.

When I was a student in Eugene (LCC) I used to go to a LGS there about once a week just to look at guns I could not afford as a starving student.

Bargains can still be found.

But anyway, it's less likely that I'll buy a used firearm FTF now a days because of the background check law.

I mean.......say that I already own 20 guns. So, if I wanted another one, I'd have to pay an FFL to record the transaction and to do a background check on me (about $25) just to transfer it to me.

Humm......$25.....just to buy a $100 .22 caliber rifle.

Lord oh Lord, the did the "useful idiots" even think about THAT? They must be sleeping really good at night. Knowing that they helped to pass a 25% transaction fee/tax, just to prevent me from owning my 21st firearm.

Maybe next time......they'll enact a law to do background checks and charge fees to attend church or to publish a newspaper/book. That's right....you know that there are plenty of dangerous people out there that need to be prohibited from doing stuff. Oh....and I forgot.....background checks to buy a knife, hammer or a pressure cooker too.

Hell, I liked it better in the past, without the Govt and the FFLs intervention. I use to just show my CCW and my ID (plus trade some stories) and the seller could figure out for themselves if they wanted to sell me their firearm.

So think about it..... The people who knew nothing about firearms, were allowed to vote on a subject that they had no clue about. Really, is that a smart way to make laws?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews