JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have found the "Big Top Shows" to be expensive to get into , around $9.00 to $10.00 ... and full of guns that really don't interest me.
That said ... Gun shows do vary at times and places and my experiences may differ from others...
Andy
Edit for spelling

Last Edited:
I have found the "Big Top Shows" to be expensive to get into , around $9.00 to $10.00 ... and full of guns that really don't interest me.
That said ... Gun shows do vary at times and places and my experiences may differ form others...
Andy
If I want to spend a lot of money I can go to the Expo Center in PDX and pay $18 just to get into the door. Its why I like the smaller shows. I usually do not buy weapons at shows so much is just window shopping. Keeps me out of the bars! (Yeah, not really)

once in a while big top will have something worth buying. thats where i bought my svt40, rarely they got things like m1's (rarely) other then that its just a lot of standard ar15's, 22's and pistols that would be cheaper to get online. the ones that run through the portland expo are iffy, the only one i like is the collectors west they always of some eye candy there, and once in a while something worth "eating out less" to buy.

once in a while big top will have something worth buying. thats where i bought my svt40, rarely they got things like m1's (rarely) other then that its just a lot of standard ar15's, 22's and pistols that would be cheaper to get online. the ones that run through the portland expo are iffy, the only one i like is the collectors west they always of some eye candy there, and once in a while something worth "eating out less" to buy.
Good to know. Probably skip it then as buying a gun in WA and bringing it into OR is more hassle than I need. Thanks

For everyone's information:
It's a racket started by two psychopathic 300-pounders, hence the name Big Top Promotions.
The one still alive was traditionally a vendor, who runs his own tables WITHIN his own gun show. Talk about bringing shame to the game. This same vendor has now been blackballed from setting up tables at any other gun show in WA State.

The reason their shows are all over WA is because it's a sucker's racket: $12.00 admission for a gun show that would basically fit into someone's house.

This show started by stealing the market in places where other small gun shows had worked hard to establish themselves years ago (Like Falcon shows in the Puget Sound area). Promoters, vendors and attendees in WA State all want this racket shut down.

Last Edited:

Uh... Big Slop doesn't run their racket at the Portland Expo. Don't confuse them with a legitimate gun show.

Back some twenty years ago I used to go looking for hunting rifles and gear and there were quite a few times where I found what I was looking for at a decent price somewhere very decent prices.
Fast forward 25 years I no longer big game hunt so I'm just looking for reloading components basically and maybe a good deal on parts, shooting accessories and targets. But the last two I have been to were really a sticker shock to me since the Sandy Hook b******* drove the prices through the roof on everything.:mad:

Now now. One must wipe the "use to be" mentality from the hard drives. The new way is better, faster, and more wise.
At what, I still have not figured out :confused:

That said ... Gun shows do vary at times and places and my experiences may differ form others...
Andy

Come on now, Andy! You haven't liked a gun show since the Little Bighorn! ⚔️

I can only speak for one Big Top Vancouver show I attended. I have seen more guns at a gathering of 4 or 5 of my shooting buddies. It was pathetic and a total waste of money and the 5 minutes it took to see the whole show. We did get a chuckle on the way out asking where the real gun-show entrance was at.

Im going to the centrailia show tomorrow, but only because of 3 or 4 of the regular vendors that I know are going to make it worth while. It's basically become a monthly part of my gun addiction. @ $7 a month it could be worse.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top